RRDB -- Change History -- Frequencies Deleted (1)

TeeJayZee

Premium Subscriber
I often see this entry in the Change History that a frequency was deleted for the county that I am watching, but there is no detail as to what exactly was deleted.

Is there a way we can find out?

I do like that when something gets changed in the RRDB, the Systems get highlighted Green (that's if it's been freshly done within a couple of hours or so), or if it has been updated recently (a few days ago) it will be highlighted in Yellow, but when it comes to something getting deleted, there is no reference as to what exactly and etc. under the Change History.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
I often see this entry in the Change History that a frequency was deleted for the county that I am watching, but there is no detail as to what exactly was deleted.

Contact the db admin who made the change, maybe they'll be willing to shed some light. Alternatively you can copy the RRDB URL then visit web.archive.org, paste RRDB URL into the search page there and search for a snapshot from a point in time before said change(s) was (were) made. Compare archived page with current RRDB page and this should hopefully give you some insight on what was deleted / changed

dave3825

Premium Subscriber

I'll see what I can do on better change management representation.

But for now, unfortunately there isn't an indication available of what was removed.

In the meantime if you have @ProScan , you can compare what's in your scanner with what's listed in the database using the RRDB Differences feature.

If you currently don't have Proscan, or have it but did not set it up, It won't tell you the freq you are speaking of now, today, but after you set it up, it will show you anything that is different in the future.

By me, Division 4 Disp 476.5125 was removed from the db. I still have it in the scanner. Proscan sees that it's in the scanner and not listed in the database and offers the ability to delete it.

1709215775135.png

1709214547649.png

Last edited:

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
Yesterday a TG was deleted from a group containing 200+ TGs. No indication what was removed.
Thus It requires going through my department list to compare it to the altered database list.
Is there no way to highlight the TG/CH to indicate it's pending removal?
Say 48 hrs.
If you're referring to the changes to the NB Fire category... A user submitted some changes and after adding them to the database and upon further discussion, the person realized they made a mistake with 1 entry (confused it for another that was already in the database). Normally a talkgroup or frequency no longer used is marked as "depreciated" which will automatically be deleted after 30 days if no change is made. However, this was a mistake (added 5 minutes prior) so I opted to delete it rather than mark it as depreciated. Hope this clears that up.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Something I think might be convenient and along the same lines, when a change is made and you click on the hyperlink, it would take you directly to the change(s), instead of scrolling through larger systems like statewide.