The Antenna Farm

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Looks like The Antenna Farm has come back from their extended leave. Their website claims that they have reopened.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
I go for small businesses, too. (I also try to be as "local" as I can, when possible.)

However, in 2016, I ordered an item. It wasn't suitable. I got an return authorization number from them, sent the item back and then I was ghosted. Never heard from them again. This apparently was one the times they went on hiatus.

K6GBW

Wow, that sucks! I usually go to the big guys like DXE or GigaParts. But, when it comes to weird antennas...and I like weird antennas...I often find what I'm looking for at TAF. I'm glad they're still around. We seem to be loosing some of the old staple suppliers these days. I don't want our only source of gear to be Amazon and...by extension...China. But...it is what it is.

KC5ULU

I go for small businesses, too. (I also try to be as "local" as I can, when possible.)

However, in 2016, I ordered an item. It wasn't suitable. I got an return authorization number from them, sent the item back and then I was ghosted. Never heard from them again. This apparently was one the times they went on hiatus.
Wasn't that the time there was a death in there family ?

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
Wasn't that the time there was a death in there family ?
I vaguely remember there was some sort of problem. That might cause a justifiable delay, perhaps, but nothing worse. That's OK. I've written it off and moved on.

saioke

Did anyone order from them after their re-opening? Just curious because I ordered a discone from them a couple of days ago and it hasn't shipped yet.

saioke

Cool, I appreciate the response. Just wanted to make sure if they were legitimate or someone pretending to be them. I mean, their links listed on the site to linkedin and facebook both are broken/shut down.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
I believe that The Antenna Farm doesn't actually stock many of the products listed on their website. Instead, they take orders for products to be drop shipped from the manufacturer, importer, or wholesaler. It does make things a little frustrating for the buyer, but I've never had a problem with the products I ordered eventually being delivered.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
I call and confirm item is in stock if I need it right away. Why wait and wonder?

I once waited around a month as I was not in a rush for a particular antenna, but finally cancelled and without issue. I actually emailed two weeks in to check status and told them I was fine waiting a bit more.

saioke

They marked the antenna as shipped now, tracking says it was scanned at pickup and estimated delivery is this Thursday. I'm thankful that they didn't wait a month to ship lol. Perhaps they're better about that type of stuff now than they used to be.

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
For years they have been my go to for my hobby antennas and even some work antennas when I need a one off. I'm glad they are back as I am looking for one for a upcoming project. I'll definately order from them when I can.

Danny37

I have ordered from them twice in the past month and they usually ship in a day or two. No issues so far. Definitely one of the more organized websites compared to the others. Also love they have LMR gear compared to the hobby sites.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
Everything might be just fine but I can't help but notice that someone starts a thread because of problems or perceived problems with Antenna Farm every 3 or 4 months.