The state of Tennessee Advanced Communications Network (TACN)

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Response during Storm damage reports usually standard for Fire/Rescue they do same here.

zachgallop

Yeah it just seems like electrical ops. They are talking about faults and tracing things out. I was told Oak Ridge Fire was fully encrypted and the news article seem to say that they were with following Law Enforcement with encryption. Even messaged them on Facebook they stated their talkgroups are encrypted. This channel was fully open. Will listen more. They said, “220” “come back on that” “We’ve got fault indicators going off all three of them right here before the primary meter station going in the backside of k25” “I just drove by this little overlook eventidentally they’ve got power they have generators” They used phrases like “roger” in their transmissions, usually say “copy” in Oak ridge Public Safety. I have listened to ORFD and ORPD heavily on MOTO TYPE II due to the fact I get the best signal from the them on my scanner out of most all them on the trunking system. ORFD does has a station at K25, NNSA/DOE no longer covers it for fire protection only security-police. It is called ETTP now. DOE has their own electric people also but they use their system I believe because I monitor it as well. Will some others monitor The oral and winrock sites to see if you hear this talkgroup?

Last edited:

INDY72

Hmmm So I need to go back and redo some things it seems.. Once any of you can confirm this stuff please do submit it or let us know.

zachgallop

It appears 8511 is Oak Ridge Fire Dispatch It is labeled as “oak ridge fire ch5”. I believe 8511 is ORFD Dispatch do to the central face that every time anderson ems has a call in oak ridge this talkgroup starts popping up. It has been on there since before oak ridge changed over to TACN and it probably lined up with the channel setup when they were on the old system, that probably was their backup channel. When oak ridge fire use to get a call they would tone it on ORFD Dispatch say if they needed ems say “Ambulance Assist” give the call details and do the same thing again over again for a second time . Then Anderson Sheriff Communications would say “Anderson Copies” and then EMS would be dispatched on UHF. 8514 does definitely appear to be oak ridge police. But there is no way to tell for sure, since both are fully encrypted! In addition, 8520 is OPS1 and is used as Anderson Sheriff dispatch. They told me they only had couple clear channels. Never heard any traffic on 8519! So I believe 8519 is not ACSO Dispatch, but 8520 OPS1 is their dispatch channel. As for the other ACSO channels, I heard ACSO refer to them on OPS1 then they pop up they have never popped up in the clear like Loudon and Roane law enforcement channels sometimes do since they are selectable but their policies are to use it. ACSO, ORPD, and ORFD talkgroups seem to be strapped with encryption.

Last edited:

zachgallop

0ak Ridge TACN Site Info:
System ID: 002A5h-002
Site ID: 0061
NAC: 2A1h

License : WRCA449
The current control channel is: 770.61875 MHz

The following are the other frequencies:
771.23125, 771.68125, 772.25625, 772.70625, and 773.23125 MHz.

Think the license has been posted previously. But here is the site info. So far I have seen ACSO OPS1 (8520), WHAT I BELIEVE IS ORPD DISPATCH (8514), and WHAT I BELIEVE IS ORFD DISPATCH (8511).

Submitted to database.

INDY72

8511 is ORFD Dispatch now. It was ORFD 5, and was for expanded coverage, and as an testing TG to see how well TACN would work for them. 8514 is ORPD Dispatch. Sad they went the E route, but thats life. ACSO Ops 1 is the main chan and primary Dispatch and operations. The old one was from an old codeplug and there have been many changes apparently to what was originally set up in it lol. Also looking like your right on the other TGs too. Re purposing has occurred from the original submissions and such. If they are not all worked on by Saturday night I will work them up.

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
Picking up a new TG. 48001 sounds like Pigeon Forge PD based on location of the calls for service. Has anyone heard that they are switching to TACN?

Sent from my SM-J737P using Tapatalk

zachgallop

Yeah. 700 unit numbers. Plus I heard several locations (motels, businesses) in Pigeon Forge.

I found a spot to receive Greentop. Definitely seems to be them! They could benefit from the coverage, their p25 system repeater does not pick up far out of the city limits. Plus the added interoperability.

zachgallop

Also, the last few weeks I have been receiving 47203 especially on Knox Simulcast as encrypted and phase I. Seen it on other towers as well it pops up pretty constant. Any idea of what agency it could be? It is not a Knox County agency unless it was at really late add on and it’s not on the list.

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
I have seen 47203 come up a few times. Encrypted all the time. Also saw 47313 pop up a couple of times. It's sometimes clear, but it enough info to ID that one.

zachgallop

47313 is another one of UT Lifestar talkgroups, I believe. I have always seen that one in the clear. They also use 47310. Keep hearing them use both of them. They seem to be using TACN more and more.

zachgallop

All of UT is moving onto TACN.
UT Medical center or University of Tennessee? Lifestar is UT Medical and a contractor I believe is in charge of Lifestar. UTMC and UTK are completely separate. UTK-PD is the only users of TACN for UT Knoxville currently and all their talkgroups are in the database. They have some spare channels 10606 to 10609 for future use. The others use a dmr trunking system minus the CSO which use a analog channel on called brick one patched to TACN “KX-UT OPS2” which is a UTPD talkgroup. UT medical uses a LTR system. If UT Medical is going to use it for main ops around the hospital they will definitely need their own repeater, there has been issues there in the past. UTPD also has issues inside buildings and garages. So I doubt maintenance or any of them would leave dmr, unless UTK also gets it own repeater for TACN!

Last edited:

INDY72

UT CHATT is on, UT KNOX PD is on.. UT KNOX Campus ops and transit all will be on eventually. All UT campuses are going to TACN. UTMC will get TACN radios for at least the ER's. All medical facilities statewide will have access to TACN.

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
47313 is another one of UT Lifestar talkgroups, I believe. I have always seen that one in the clear. They also use 47310. Keep hearing them use both of them. They seem to be using TACN more and more.
I figured 47313 was Lifestar, since it was so close to the other Lifestar TG, but thanks. I hadn't heard enough to clearly ID it yet.

zachgallop

UT CHATT is on, UT KNOX PD is on.. UT KNOX Campus ops and transit all will be on eventually. All UT campuses are going to TACN. UTMC will get TACN radios for at least the ER's. All medical facilities statewide will have access to TACN.

UTK will continue to use their Mototurbo system for general campus ops per mutliple sources. There is no talkgroups on the fleetmap for these users. UTPD at Knoxville will continue to use TACN.

KN4ROR

Anybody seen any COML class coming up in Middle TN in the near future?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk