TwoToneDetect71 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

DC31

Feed Provider
Honestly, Mike, you have lost me on this one! Can you post the logs showing the fire and ems decodes? Are fire and ems dispatched on different radio frequencies?

MikeOrlando02

Different frequencies, different scanners, different sound cards. I don't think it's the reason for missing pages as this is the way we have had it forever. I did see this in the log and suspect that is my issue. We had the

Adding Crivitz Rescue back to detection list after 10.0 second delay.

We have always used 10 second for a record time and 1.1 seconds for a release time. New version must handle the record time differently and block it from starting the second recording.

DC31

Feed Provider
I don't understand the "second recording". If fire and ems are on different freq's, thus different TTD instances, wouldn't it be one recording on each? "I had a MVC and fire and EMS were both paged and I got both recordings respectively" indicates that you got both recordings. I would assume one from each instance.

Yes, for stacked pages v71 handles it quite differently from previous versions. Rather than making a recording for each page in the stack it makes one recording and sends it to the recipients for each tone set in the stack. So if you have five tone sets stacked, it will make one recording and save that same recording under five different names and send it to the recipients for the five tone sets.

I think that the 10 seconds you reference above may be to avoid sending duplicate alerts for departments that may send their tones out twice prior to starting the message. Is Crivitz perhaps one that does this? Odd, but I checked my v71 and find that the tone sets are added back in after a 60 sec. delay. I don't see a selectable parameter. However, I am running v71d for the pi.

I hope that i haven't muddied things too badly here. Andy can probably explain it much better than I can.

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Just got my new laptop running for TTD 71c. I did see a few times "Failed to execute script", but it is only my first day. I am running two instances, one for EMS and other for Fire. I was not aware that you could run two instances on different channels using the same sound card. We have always used the on-board sound card and then a USB sound card to make that work. Both of mine are set to left, but they are on separate devices. Could this be my issue? I had a MVC and fire and EMS were both paged and I got both recordings respectively.

The biggest issue I am seeing is that I seem to only be capturing the first page in some circumstances. I thought it might be the case of two strung together as one recording, but it is only the one page. The MVC example above, both first and EMS only had one page recorded each. Any suggestions? Adjust tone tolerance?

I just watched this again. It started recording on the first page and then the second paged ended up being recorded all as one long file, but still didn't detect the second tone set and create a second file just with the second dispatch like previous version did.

Mike,

It sounds like Fire and EMS both got paged more than once, but you only got one recording for each, is that correct? If so, what is the timing between the pages and what is your "Ignore Duplicate Time" set to for each tone (in the Tones Editor)?

Andy

challenger604

Does anyone have any information on how to host audio and make it available through the ftp capabilities of this program. I have a website and I can upload ftp to it but I cant access the files via http. I would like to be able to send txt messages with a link to audio instead of MMS messages in Hope's to improve delivery of messages. I know this is more on web design than ttd. But was hoping someone had done it or had an article saved on how its done. Thanks for the help.

DC31

Feed Provider
I think that v71 has incorporated what you are looking for. See the attached screen shot of the configuration editor.
Create a username and an API key. Then check the two boxes to upload the file to the TTD hosting service and include the link in the message. This puts the http link to the file into the email/text or push notification.

A611E26F-2311-4134-8150-237C539675B7.jpeg

aaknitt

Feed Provider
(
Does anyone have any information on how to host audio and make it available through the ftp capabilities of this program. I have a website and I can upload ftp to it but I cant access the files via http. I would like to be able to send txt messages with a link to audio instead of MMS messages in Hope's to improve delivery of messages. I know this is more on web design than ttd. But was hoping someone had done it or had an article saved on how its done. Thanks for the help.

DC31 is correct. You can upload files to the free TTD hosting service and not need to use FTP or your server at all. You can also upload files to your own web/FTP server if you'd like, just make sure you're uploading them to a location that's accessible via HTTP (typically a subdirectory of the "public_html" folder on your web server).

Andy

Res21cue

Feed Provider
Andy has yourself or anyone else here been able to figure out how to get TTD to work with Bell/Virgin in Canada?

I cannot for the life of me find an MMS Address for Bell. The only public one I can find is @txt.bell.ca and everything bounces back as undeliverables.

I thought maybe v71c was the answer with the Audio Hosting so I added those addresses to the Text Only section, assuming they would just get the text with the URL Link... but no dice. Still bounces back.

Does anyone have any ideas for Bell in Canada?

DC31

Feed Provider
Andy has yourself or anyone else here been able to figure out how to get TTD to work with Bell/Virgin in Canada?

I cannot for the life of me find an MMS Address for Bell. The only public one I can find is @txt.bell.ca and everything bounces back as undeliverables.

I thought maybe v71c was the answer with the Audio Hosting so I added those addresses to the Text Only section, assuming they would just get the text with the URL Link... but no dice. Still bounces back.

Bell support indicates that SMS messaging should work
443812CC-C0D9-4160-A071-315C4E21E453.png

Can you post the section out of a logfile showing where TTD is attempting to send the message?

aaknitt

Feed Provider

If you send to a single phone number via that gateway address manually using your normal email service/account does it work?

In many cases the phone carriers convert messages sent to multiple recipients to MMS messages. If that's occurring, you may need to use the "BCC" option in TwoToneDetect, as that usually ensures that they messages get sent as SMS rather than MMS.

Andy

baycroc

Feed Provider
I tried this software in several versions. I was having issues with the program file running. V71.c wants to open the AppStore using Chrome in Win 10. I went back to V70 and then it mentioned that there was no audio input device enabled. Tada!!!! Check there if you have trouble running the app. It still wants to open the store but at least it is a start. FWIW

dave

Last edited:

Res21cue

Feed Provider
If you send to a single phone number via that gateway address manually using your normal email service/account does it work?

In many cases the phone carriers convert messages sent to multiple recipients to MMS messages. If that's occurring, you may need to use the "BCC" option in TwoToneDetect, as that usually ensures that they messages get sent as SMS rather than MMS.

Andy

Hi Andy and poster from above.

I dont believe the issue to be with TTD itself. The program is sending the file no problem and I find no errors in the Log (even though its borderline Chinese)

The error seems to be with Bell rejecting the message. I have tried TTD, Manually with the Gmail Address itself and with another independant address and all are being bounced back.

Wondering if anyone has any experience with Bell or knows of another address I could try other that @txt.bell.ca.

See photos.

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    30.6 KB · Views: 17
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    28.3 KB · Views: 16

DC31

Feed Provider
you two screen shots from above seem to show the leading 1 on the phone number. Have you tried it with only the ten digits without the 1?

Res21cue

Feed Provider
you two screen shots from above seem to show the leading 1 on the phone number. Have you tried it with only the ten digits without the 1?

Ya, Same result

Issue is only with Bell and Virgin (Which is a Bell product in Canada and not a standalone like in the US)

challenger604

DC31 is correct. You can upload files to the free TTD hosting service and not need to use FTP or your server at all. You can also upload files to your own web/FTP server if you'd like, just make sure you're uploading them to a location that's accessible via HTTP (typically a subdirectory of the "public_html" folder on your web server).

Andy
Thank you for your help

kit417

Hello everyone. I've posted v71 of TwoToneDetect on the website. Instructions for downloading a version for the Pi can be found on that page. Some pretty big changes with this version, so please test thoroughly before deploying for regular use and please provide feedback. Many thanks to DC31 for helping extensively with testing. I'm sure we haven't caught all bugs yet though. Here's a summary of the changes:
  • Changed GUI to be HTML based. TwoToneDetect acts as a web server to display the GUI.
    • Tones Editor functionality is built into the main program GUI and is no longer a standalone program.
    • Remote access to the TwoToneDetect GUI via web browser on a LAN is supported, including on “headless” devices such as a Raspberry Pi running a non-GUI operating system (“Lite” OS).
    • The default port for remote access via web browser is 8080 but this can be changed in the configuration settings.
    • The option to start minimized (start_minimized) has been replaced with an option to start headless (start_headless). When TwoToneDetect is started in “headless mode”, the GUI will not be visible on the desktop but the program will be running and the GUI can be accessed via web browser by browsing to index.html at the IP address of the computer that TwoToneDetect is running on and the appropriate port. For example: http://192.168.1.13:8080/index.html
  • Added ability to use twotonedetect.net for audio file hosting. A hyperlink to the file in the body of the message can be used with SMS notifications (to avoid MMS), push notifications, or email.
  • Variable substitution added to alert_command in addition to post_email_command for [mp3], [amr], [wav] and [t] tags ([d] tag had already been implemented)
  • Push notifications will be sent with the text from the “Email Body” in the message
  • /log/heartbeat.log file is written with an updated timestamp once per minute to allow external scripts to check responsiveness.
  • Added option to send a copy of the email to the sending address when using the BCC option. Some users have said that this reduces blockage by spam filters.
  • Changed behavior of ignore_after parameter to start timer after recording has stopped. Duplicate tones will always be ignored while a recording for that tone is active regardless of the ignore_after setting.
  • Changed processing of stacked tones so that only a single audio recording thread is used to reduce processor load. Recording time is now automatically extended during stacked tones. Audio files are copied for each tone in the stacked page after recording.
  • Changed FTP file upload for stacked tones so that a single FTP connection is used to upload all files in the stacked sequence.
  • Added ability to specify a path on the FTP server to upload to (using the upload_ftp_remote_path parameter in config.cfg) rather than being limited to the root directory that is logged into. For example, use /audio/ to upload to an audio subdirectory.
  • Program automatically removes audio files older than 15 days old to reduce storage
  • “dummy” ffmpeg file no longer needed when running on Raspi
The new audio file hosting service is a "we'll see how it goes" thing right now. If it performs well, I may look into offering things like push notifications through a TTD mobile app or something similar at some point in the future. The portion of the web site to create a username and API key is functional but ugly. Hopefully it'll improve over time. Many ideas, not much free time.

As always, let me me know of any problems.

Thanks,

Andy
Will the download page be up again soon. It says it's being worked on. Our older version is messed up somehow and we are looking to try the newer program

wscott

I was looking to see if anyone has seen this error and if so, any ideas on how to correct it. It seems to be intermittent as some pages go through without a problem then others will get hung up. As soon as I close the error screen, the page sends out without a problem?
2tone error.JPG

DC31

Feed Provider
Already exists? It sounds like you inadvertently may have started the program twice and it is trying to save two copies of the same file. Or do you maybe have the same tone set in tones.cfg twice?

Status
Not open for further replies.