York County - HARRIS RF COM - p25 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
I'm not having any luck I'm going to send scanner back I have used 2 different programs to program it with straight from radio reference it receives Lancaster and Lebanon and dauphin but not York I am lost I even paid a guy to program it that was a waste of money.
Where are you located?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
@Jimsmowin... You need a P25 Phase II scanner for York County.. It looks like you are a Phase 1 scanner owner by your signature line..
You will hear Lancaster and Dauphin as they are Phase 1 systems

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
@Jimsmowin... OOPS.. didn't read up far enough, I see you have a 996P2.. Make sure your service types are enabled for PD and Fire..

gladfelterg

purchased the TRX-1 early January because it was capable with Project 25 Phase I & II for York Co. Worked with it and got it programmed just right and was working fine until March 1st 2018. Reformatted the SD card, made sure I had the latest library downloaded from the EZ software and followed the you tube video's, reloaded the SD card put it back into the scanner and we get the occasional transmission on the talk groups. I know if it is fire or police because the lights do work. Spoke to customer support and they said it is the simulcast that the TRX-1 does not work so great with. Has anyone experienced the same issues? Garry G.

KB3DCG

Premium Subscriber
Anyone have a working program for the PRO-668? I've tried just about everything else and it is silencio....

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
Seems like the only thing that will receive an LSM system (york is now LSM) is the Unication G4 or G5 pager..Pro668/WS1080 Uniden 436/536 are all pretty much deaf now..I do love my G5 and have 3 Pro 668's for sale !!

djshadowxm81

Premium Subscriber
You also can use a 25 dollar sdr and some linux software called OP25 which is pretty easy to setup. Can be setup on a machine, or on a raspberry pi.

hosehead88

Premium Subscriber
Seems like the only thing that will receive an LSM system (york is now LSM) is the Unication G4 or G5 pager..Pro668/WS1080 Uniden 436/536 are all pretty much deaf now..I do love my G5 and have 3 Pro 668's for sale !!

Both of my TRX2 and my WS1088 pick up just fine. The one TRX2 is mobile mounted and the other two scanners are in my house with internal antennae in Cumberland County.

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
My 436 picks up york p25 phase 2 ok, when i am out of this bowl i live in called Lebanon County.. but in LanCo. Or DauCo. It comes in ok when on mobile ant.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

KB3DCG

Premium Subscriber
My BCD536HP continues to work like a champ from the initial programming of the system.

It just seems like the PRO668s have issues.

DeKP

My HP2 works pretty good. I had to put up a Yagi to make it happen.Although I can't get Adams County and it's only 8 miles down RT 15 from me. I live in the mountains in Dillsburg.

DeKP

Just some observations since I put up the yagi with regard to York P2. I live half way up the side of a mountain (with a lot of trees) that blocks Adams County so no joy there. When the weather is good it works great for York Cnty. But when it is a deep overcast and rain I don’t receive squat. Although the control channel on the North Tower is pegging the meter. The other night we had storms move through and there was no interruption of transmissions. I don’t get it. I’m using a HP2.

ocguard

My HP2 works pretty good. I had to put up a Yagi to make it happen.Although I can't get Adams County and it's only 8 miles down RT 15 from me. I live in the mountains in Dillsburg.

Unfortunately, getting such a strong signal is actually detrimental to your radio's ability to decode the system audio properly. This all has to do with linear simulcast modulation, as DCR_inc mentioned. With LSM, actual subscriber radios are able to reject late-arriving signals from multiple simulcast transmitters. Commercial scanners aren't, so your scanner becomes overwhelmed and can't decode audio properly. There are several solutions coming up on the market currently which will address these problems for scanner listeners.

hosehead88

Premium Subscriber
I received my SDS-100 this week and it is getting York clear as day from my location in Cumberland. An expensive proposition, yes, but if you really want to monitor York (and Dauphin), this is the bomb.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Can someone suggest what I need to do to get this system working again on my trx1

Sell the TRX-1 and buy one of the next gen scanners coming out this year that can handle LSM. Or, buy a Unication. There is no cheap solution here, especially for mobile use. The "older" Phase 2 scanners just cannot handle the decoding of systems using LSM in many situations.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Sell the TRX-1 and buy one of the next gen scanners coming out this year that can handle LSM. Or, buy a Unication. There is no cheap solution here, especially for mobile use. The "older" Phase 2 scanners just cannot handle the decoding of systems using LSM in many situations.

I should add that I have not personally used either brand of new scanner as of yet. Reports indicate that they are generally better with reception, although I have seen a few reports of continued reception issues.

So, caveat emptor. Proceed at your own risk. I haven’t dropped money on them, yet, myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.