• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

FDNY Fireground Tone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salmatt30

Premium Subscriber
I currently own a Motorola XTS 3000 programmed to the FDNY Frequencies including Tac1 (Fireground) I figured it would sound the same but it doesn’t... Anyone know how I can make it have the same tone as them? Something to do with the chip or something can anyone help me make it exact?

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
I currently own a Motorola XTS 3000 programmed to the FDNY Frequencies including Tac1 (Fireground) I figured it would sound the same but it doesn’t... Anyone know how I can make it have the same tone as them? Something to do with the chip or something can anyone help me make it exact?

They use TPS signalling. Its basically analog voice with P25 data either before or after transmission. In FDNY's case they use it after transmission. All this does is allow them to give the radio a longer radio ID number and still have analog audio.

The XTS3000 is not capable of this.

Salmatt30

Premium Subscriber
What radio is capable? I’ve seen FDNY use XTS 5000 and 3500 would those work?

Salmatt30

Premium Subscriber
My radio is a Motorola XTS 3000 Modell II UHF 450-520 MHz P25 S-split two way. Are you sure it’s not capable

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
What radio is capable? I’ve seen FDNY use XTS 5000 and 3500 would those work?
FDNY Fire uses XTS3500's and APX8000's. EMS uses the 5000's. The Astro 25 series are capable depending on if it was flashed for that option.

My radio is a Motorola XTS 3000 Modell II UHF 450-520 MHz P25 S-split two way. Are you sure it’s not capable
Yea..... I'm pretty sure.

Salmatt30

Premium Subscriber
So if I get the 3500 how would I go about doing and setting this setting or signal?

Salmatt30

Premium Subscriber
Motorola XTS 3000 Flash Code?

Flashcode 100004-000000-4

Then on the back I have a Mfg Code if that is anything 1000010000007

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Could I force a flash code into the radio?

You can but you'll have the depot software and put in the flashcode your wanting to use then program it to the radio and then reprogram your radio in the CPS.

Salmatt30

Premium Subscriber
Do you know how to do that and explain to me how it’s done or?

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
The depot software is not legitimate software. Its not for sale. Its not really supposed to be mentioned.
The legitimate way to modify the flashcode is to get the unit to an authorized motorola dealer or send a unit to motorola.

Problem is i believe the 3000 are EOL, enf of life. So you might not be able to legitimately get a new flash code in there.

Salmatt30

Premium Subscriber
The depot software is not legitimate software. Its not for sale. Its not really supposed to be mentioned.
The legitimate way to modify the flashcode is to get the unit to an authorized motorola dealer or send a unit to motorola.

Problem is i believe the 3000 are EOL, enf of life. So you might not be able to legitimately get a new flash code in there.

The reason I want to do this is so that I can have a TPS at the end of a transmission for the FDNY Fireground and so far no luck

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Motorola XTS 3000 Flash Code?

Sorry but we don't discuss Depot or adding features that you haven't paid for on this site.

It's all kind of moot anyways since your xts3000 won't support tps.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will001

Premium Subscriber
All I’m going to say is, there is a tool called the “FDB tool”. Just go find it, and you’ll see why I mentioned it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
then again if your not a Member of FDNY you should not be transmitting on their fireground.. If you need to be on their frequencies then you should have a legitimate radio that is provided by them

N4KVE

The depot software is not legitimate software.
Well it wasn’t created by the same Russian hackers who “threw the election”. It was created by the engineers at Moto for use only in the plant. It was never supposed to leave the building, but it did. The public was never supposed to get their hands on it, but they did. But it was developed by Moto, so it is legitimate.

Salmatt30

Premium Subscriber
Sorry but we don't discuss Depot or adding features that you haven't paid for on this site.

It's all kind of moot anyways since your xts3[emoji646][emoji646][emoji646] won't support tps.

I found a 3500R so if its a 3500 it would allow TPS?

Status
Not open for further replies.