Proscan Stereo Recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyfromhill

Premium Subscriber
How do I record with left and right channels with two instances of Proscan on my computer? I have two BCT15X scanners connected and controllable via USB and would like to record both via stereo through the one line-in port on my computer. I have a Y cable that combines the signals but I cannot tell which instance to use which channel.

billyfromhill

Premium Subscriber
I'm using something similar but my first instance of Proscan is recording both channels.

Is there some place in the settings to dictate which channel the recorded uses?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I'm using something similar but my first instance of Proscan is recording both channels.

Is there some place in the settings to dictate which channel the recorded uses?

Yes, in one instance, set the left channel at 100% and the Right channel at 0%. Do the opposite on the other instance.

billyfromhill

Premium Subscriber
Yes, in one instance, set the left channel at 100% and the Right channel at 0%. Do the opposite on the other instance.

Will that work even though I'm not using the VOX feature to cue the recorder?

Edit: It does not seem to work. I just get recorded silence on the channel that is at 0% / muted.

Last edited:

billyfromhill

Premium Subscriber
OK. I get it now. The recorder records any and all audio it hears. If I mute the left channel in the first instance and the right channel in the second, it will only ever record the proper channel because carrier activity is cueing the scanner, not VOX.

Since the recorder is cued by activity, if it's hearing the other channel there's no issue because Proscan doesn't see any activity/carrier on that channel and doesn't record.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Will that work even though I'm not using the VOX feature to cue the recorder?
Yes, If not using VOX then you are using the Activity mode which depends on Talk Group or Conv. frequency activity which depends on ProScan communicating with the scanner via the serial port.

Edit: It does not seem to work. I just get recorded silence on the channel that is at 0% / muted.
Correct, If the channel is at 0% then you will record silence. I would verify you have one scanner feeding into the Left channel and the other scanner feeding into the Right channel.

Make sure the Y cable you are using keeps the audio seperate. One scanner on the Left channel and the other on the Right channel.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
OK. I get it now. The recorder records any and all audio it hears. If I mute the left channel in the first instance and the right channel in the second, it will only ever record the proper channel because carrier activity is cueing the scanner, not VOX.

Since the recorder is cued by activity, if it's hearing the other channel there's no issue because Proscan doesn't see any activity/carrier on that channel and doesn't record.

Very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.