• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

00 ranger with manual help

Status
Not open for further replies.

radiohead222

I have a 2000 Ford Ranger with a 5 speed manual and my truck is a regular cab and 40/60 bench seat. I have extreme limited space. I searched and searched for pics of custom setups. Right now I have my scanner mounted below my radio bezel on the very bottom and I have a CB mounted on the driver's side behind the steering wheel on the right side. I hope that makes sense. I'm about to have a a radio for the FD but no where to mount it. I'm thinking about taking the passenger side seat out to carry my bunker gear and med. bag. so I can get to them easier. Does anyone have any ideas for a custom box for installation? If you need pics of the inside of my truck I can get some tomorrow.

code3cowboy

What kind of radio are you going to get for fire?

I would remote the radio and put the head up in the head liner with the mic coming from the body to a nice spot.

K5RYA

I have a 04 Ranger, I will try to snap some pics of my setup scanner/cb/ham and send them to you.

I wouldn't take my passenger seat out myself, you have a single cab or extended cab.

radiohead222

I'm not a 100% sure on the actual model but I do know it's a Motorola. Don't quote me but it might be a Motorola 4500. Tallahassee went digital with Motorola's P35 not too long ago. I'm not from Tallahassee I was a firefighter in a rural area that used VHF. I got on the department a couple months ago since I have a good amount of experience I get to give my truck the works but I have to do everything myself. But of course it's a tax wright off.

KF5DCI- That would be awesome if you could do that. I have a single cab.

Last edited:

K5RYA

I'm not a 100% sure on the actual model but I do know it's a Motorola. Don't quote me but it might be a Motorola 4500. Tallahassee went digital with Motorola's P35 not too long ago. I'm not from Tallahassee I was a firefighter in a rural area that used VHF. I got on the department a couple months ago since I have a good amount of experience I get to give my truck the works but I have to do everything myself. But of course it's a tax wright off.

KF5DCI- That would be awesome if you could do that. I have a single cab.

I am sorry. :D

But really, my 99 was single cab, I hated it, but there is still room to mount stuff, just not sure if your shifter is gonna clear it, because I believe you said you have a manual. My 04 is auto. I'll snap some pics anyway with my phone later today and email em to you. PM me your email address.

i have a 2003 ranger edge and i am still trying to figure out how i am going to make the radio console. any ideas or pictures would really help.

no it is a auto but i have the passenger air bag switch at the bottom by the ash tray. i am thinking about taking out the stock console and making a small wedge console. as another thing that is a factor when i flip the driver's seat forward the center slides also. any ideas on how to do it?

trumpetman

Database Admin
I've had the same problem with my 05 manual. I got lucky and found a shot a while back (I don't remember where), but someone fabricted an "L" bracket mount out of plywood. They slid the base of the bracket under the middle seat and mounted it where the vertical arm was right against the front of the seat. From there, they mounted a radio/scanner/whatever on a bracket on the vertical arm. I'll try and find the picture again. It's a bit difficult to explain. PM me if you'd like a better explination/horrible sketch.

I did some searching and found the original description that someone posted a while back, but I can't seem to find the pics anymore....
http://forums.radioreference.com/ra...05-ford-ranger-install-advice.html#post862350

Last edited:

radiohead222

I've had the same problem with my 05 manual. I got lucky and found a shot a while back (I don't remember where), but someone fabricted an "L" bracket mount out of plywood. They slid the base of the bracket under the middle seat and mounted it where the vertical arm was right against the front of the seat. From there, they mounted a radio/scanner/whatever on a bracket on the vertical arm. I'll try and find the picture again. It's a bit difficult to explain. PM me if you'd like a better explination/horrible sketch.

I did some searching and found the original description that someone posted a while back, but I can't seem to find the pics anymore....
http://forums.radioreference.com/ra...05-ford-ranger-install-advice.html#post862350

I think I understand that. Sound like a good idea but would the seats be able to move forward?

KB8QDM

Premium Subscriber

That was my old setup, which I no longer use (now have an F-150 with a custom made box).

I used that setup on three different Rangers (all manual) with no problem clearing the shifter. I think I might still have it out in the barn somewhere at home, if you really need a picture.

I never had to slide the seats forward at all with it, but I seem to remember two or three inches of clearance between the radio stack and the shifter.

Status
Not open for further replies.