'05 Impala Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

timkilbride

Database Admin
I traded my '01 Explorer in for a '05 Impala. I installed a Uniden 996t, Kenwood TM-D700a, Sirius radio, GPS for 996t/d700a, and two NMO mount antennas. I also have a Kenwood TK-790 that I thought about installing, but I don't think I will. It would have been used for railfanning/work. I can just use the TM-D700a for foaming. Still working on a solution for the GPS wire and speaker wire that run on top of the "hump". There is a speaker mounted behind the 996t that can't be seen in the pixs. Here are the pics:

DSC04116Large.jpg

DSC04119Large.jpg

DSC04121Large.jpg

DSC04122Large.jpg

DSC04123Large.jpg

Last edited:

RESCUE4NFD

Nice Install,Did you drill the antenna holes on the roof,or were there already antennas on the roof when you purchased the car?..Just wondering...

timkilbride

Database Admin
RESCUE4NFD said:
Nice Install,Did you drill the antenna holes on the roof,or were there already antennas on the roof when you purchased the car?..Just wondering...

I drilled them myself.

Tim K.

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
Sirius For The Win.

You take all them toys with when you go to work?

You do alot of foaming around ames? I'll be on the lookout for a blue 05 impala ;)

Last edited:

timkilbride

Database Admin
burner50 said:
Sirius For The Win.

You take all them toys with when you go to work?

You do alot of foaming around ames? I'll be on the lookout for a blue 05 impala ;)

Yes, they go to work in the car with me. The only toys I have on the train is a handheld TK-290 used for work, ham, and public safety and a handheld sirius radio. From time to time I bring a Dell laptop with verizon air card.

I do more monitoring of railroad chatter then actual foaming.

RFJammed

It's pretty easy to do stuff with that front carpet. If you snap the molding off the front doors along the floor, and just roll it back from the front, it comes right up. There's lots of a room underneath to run the wires. Then just make a slit under the seats, and run it down and under. Easy as pie! If pie was easy...

Status
Not open for further replies.