1090 Installation Error

Unidener

Premium Subscriber
I'm having problems with instructions for installing ANY 1090 driver. I'm tring to install to use with Virtual Radar.

Currently SDR+ and SDR++ working fine....

Thanks for any help.....Please!

Found 2 device(s):
0: ╨², ¿■, SN: (currently selected)
1: RTLSDRBlog, Blog V4, SN: 00000001
usb_open error -12
Error opening the RTLSDR device: No error

sunwave

Premium Subscriber
I'm having problems with instructions for installing ANY 1090 driver. I'm tring to install to use with Virtual Radar.

Currently SDR+ and SDR++ working fine....

Thanks for any help.....Please!

Found 2 device(s):
0: ╨², ¿■, SN: (currently selected)
1: RTLSDRBlog, Blog V4, SN: 00000001
usb_open error -12
Error opening the RTLSDR device: No error
Per your text you say you are trying to install a 1090 driver. What is a 1090?
Perhaps you meant to say you are trying to install an RTL-SDR?
Your Device 0 has weird characters. Unkown what that is.
Your Device 1 looks like you have installed the RTL-SDR Blog v4 dongle.

Whatever software you are trying to run is pointed to Device 0. You should point it to Device 1. Please tell us what software you are trying to run.

Unidener

Premium Subscriber
Per your text you say you are trying to install a 1090 driver. What is a 1090?
Perhaps you meant to say you are trying to install an RTL-SDR?
Your Device 0 has weird characters. Unkown what that is.
Your Device 1 looks like you have installed the RTL-SDR Blog v4 dongle.

Whatever software you are trying to run is pointed to Device 0. You should point it to Device 1. Please tell us what software you are trying to run.
Sorry...I figured this is under SDR so people would know what 1090 is. It's part of the app for the Virtual Radar for tracking aircraft......

For some reason (probably for compatibility) they don't provide DLLs. After the missing DLL errors I finally figured after looking for particular DLL (of which I may have 15 DLLs with the same name) I finally grabbed the DLLs out of SDR+ directory and now it works.

Now I just have to go through the issues of very little info on the map some other things....

sunwave

Premium Subscriber
Sorry...I figured this is under SDR so people would know what 1090 is. It's part of the app for the Virtual Radar for tracking aircraft......

For some reason (probably for compatibility) they don't provide DLLs. After the missing DLL errors I finally figured after looking for particular DLL (of which I may have 15 DLLs with the same name) I finally grabbed the DLLs out of SDR+ directory and now it works.

Now I just have to go through the issues of very little info on the map some other things....
Let's not call 1090 a driver. 1090 is 1090MHz which is a frequency not a driver. ADS-B is a form of a digital signal over the air and not a driver.