11k0f2e

Status
Not open for further replies.

KG4WHM said:
Does anyone know what 11K0F2E Emissions code mean?

Looks like 11.0 kHz necessary bandwidth (the "11K0" part), frequency modulation (the "F" part), a single channel containing quantized or digital information with the use of a modulating sub-carrier, excluding time-division multiplex (the "2"), telephony (including sound broadcasting) (the "E").

Lots of gobbledy-gook there. More information on decoding emissions designators can be found here:

http://www.apcointl.org/frequency/emission.html
http://wireless.fcc.gov/services/index.htm?job=licensing_2&id=industrial_business&page=1

Hope this helps. :)

nd5y

The wiki article isn't an all inclusive list of all possible emission designators. If you read the links at the bottom of the wiki article you would learn that:

11K0 = 11.0 kHz bandwith.
F = Frequency modulation.
2 = A single channel containing quantized or digital information with the use of a modulating sub-carrier, excluding time-division multiplex.
E = Telephony (including sound broadcasting)

dwh367

Thank you. That doesn't really help me any though. I'm trying to find out if it has a name association. For example some emission designators translate to MotoTurbo, Nexden, P25, etc.

bpckty1

This is the closest I could find in the Wiki:

11K2F3E Frequency modulated (FM) 2.5 kHz deviation analog voice, "narrowband 12.5 kHz" (FMN mode in RadioReference.com Database) - may also be 11K0 and 11K3 bandwidth

Perhaps there was a typo adding the 0 after the K.

Voyager

11K0F3E = Super Narrowband FM (AKA SNFM).

It's the standard modulation scheme for Land Mobile between 150 and 470 MHz, and has been mandated for those users since January 1, 2013.

Many radios label it as NFM.

For reference:
11K0F3E = Super Narrowband FM (AKA SNFM)
16K0F3E/20K0F3E = Narrowband FM (AKA NBFM)
30K0F3E = Frequency Modulation (AKA FM) (I think that's the correct designation)
There are also a couple wider FM modes for NTSC TV and FM Broadcast.

BTW, the designations SNFM/NBFM/FM are EIA terms. The xxK0F3E are FCC emission designations.

Status
Not open for further replies.