122.8 The Clapper!

Status
Not open for further replies.

y10kiscoming

Premium Subscriber
This message is a little delayed, but going through my notes for the last few days I heard LifeStar directed somewhere (I think it was a hospital) and they were told to use 122.8 with 5 clicks to turn on runway lights and 8 clicks to turn on some other lights.

Anyone have any more information, or know of any other places that do this? I think it's pretty cool.

-Mark

blueline_308

this is the norm for small uncontrolled airports with little traffic. no need to burn the lights until needed. all pilots know about this and the exact sequence is printed on airport approach plates. nothing unusual about this. the sequence varries from airport to airport.

jim

Southtown800

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
When i use to work at US Surgical in North Haven, the centracom console had 122.0500 in it, and we use to hear at 3am planes trying to raise markham airport in meriden, my boss told me if i pressed the TX button on the console 8 times, it would turn the runway lights on for them......but if you are in the north haven area, listen in on 122.0500mhz to see if anyone is landing by helicopter at US Surgical..

jaymatt1978

I think the frequency was/is 123.0500 because that is a co-mmon unicom channel. 122.0500 isn't a valid frequency, or should I say it isn't used

Southtown800

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
i am sorry, i didn't see that i put 122...thanks.....but we use to hear alot of interesting things on that channel late night working at USS, pretty good stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.