159.150 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

markandjere

Premium Subscriber
I am getting a signal on 159.150 with a pl of 203.5 but can't hear any traffic ... anyone in the area able to hear anything? The freq is listed as Shippensburg PD - not sure if it is still used by them or not. PM me if you wish....

CommJunkie

I am getting a signal on 159.150 with a pl of 203.5 but can't hear any traffic ... anyone in the area able to hear anything? The freq is listed as Shippensburg PD - not sure if it is still used by them or not. PM me if you wish....

It would help if you mentioned what area you are hearing them in...

BM82557

Thought the freq sounded familiar, it used to be -

159.1500 DC PD InterOp1

Don't know if it is still used by the District or not.

The_B_Chief

Premium Subscriber
Thought the freq sounded familiar, it used to be -

159.1500 DC PD InterOp1

Don't know if it is still used by the District or not.

As in MPD in DC? if so they are on the Districts 800 digital system.

Frostburg Md used to use that frequency as well. I don't think they use it for dispatch anymore and I can't remember the PL.

Ross Twp. Police near Pittsburgh also used that frequency from the mid 80's up until about two years ago. They switched over to the northern Allegheny County UHF system but their old VHF repeaters are still hooked up. Their PL was 192.8 so that would count them out but I mention this because I do remember getting tons of skip on that frequency back in the day. Most of that skip was from the deep south.

markandjere

Premium Subscriber
I finally heard and could understand some transmissions just a few minutes ago. 159.150 with a 203.5 ct. Can anyone on Franklin County or surrounding area give a listen and try to id and or confirm this user? Sounds like PD to me possibly Shippensburg PD.

W3DMV

i Spent about 3 hours this afternoon sitting in the parking lot of
the Shippensburg PD and listened to 159.150. Unfortunately, no
activity noted during that time. (1-4PM)
Their building has antennas on the roof for VHF-L, VHF-H, 800 Mhz, and what
looks like an old beat up scanner antenna.
Their cars have antennas for VHF-H, UHF, and 800 Mhz. The only
close call activity noted was on 800 Mhz.
Next time I'm over that way, I will give another listen That license (WPFE264)
will expire 6/23/2014 and was never modified for FMN...

Note: Been listening on that frequency for several days here at the house and
the only station heard has been WQCL441 in Isle Of Wight, Va with a tone of 127.3.
Very loud with a CW ID. Conditions must be very good... Will post if something more
positive shows up...

ctrabs74

They were running a speed enforcement detail yesterday afternoon/evening. One radio was noticably louder and easier to hear.

I thought Shippensburg Borough PD was dispatched through Cumberland County. If Ship PD was using those channels, that must be a "side" channel separate from Cumberland's Open Sky system. That's just a guess on my part.

W3DMV

I Still do not hear any activity of this side of hill. Do they
ever give any info such as mile marker, road name etc ?
Would sure think their on I-81 ?
Interesting enough, the FCC received a request to narrow
band the channel and renew the license on May 15th. They
must have intentions of using it. I think your on to them !

... Take care

markandjere

Premium Subscriber
I was hearing a speed trap operation. I think I know where but will not elaborate here. I-81 is not within the boro . In the MCVRPD days they patrolled Shippensburg Twp where 81 passes through but I can't remember ever seeing them on the interstate.

dlnorth

I was hearing a speed trap operation. I think I know where but will not elaborate here. I-81 is not within the boro . In the MCVRPD days they patrolled Shippensburg Twp where 81 passes through but I can't remember ever seeing them on the interstate.

I live just outside of the boro and get frequent hits on this freq, however all I ever hear are mics being keyed, with no voice, or static. I don't spend a great deal of time monitoring, however from what I have heard over the past week, it's been a lot of activity, but zero voice activity. I will keep listening and let you know if I hear anything else

Status
Not open for further replies.