167.53750 FBI Ch. D5 National Emergency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
Can anyone elaborate on the use of this channel? is it P25 or analog?

Does every FBI office use this frequency nationwide and is it repeated?

FBI Ch. D5 National Emergency

nd5y

Back in the analog days it was supposedly for Special Operations Groups, at least in the DFW area.
It was supposed to be a repeater with an input of 163.8625.
I have never confirmed any activity on it in north TX but that doesn't mean it isn't used.
It is shown in the database for Houston. I don't know about your area.

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
I saw it in the DB for San Antonio. I am currently in NYC and gonna see if I get any hits on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone elaborate on the use of this channel? is it P25 or analog?

Does every FBI office use this frequency nationwide and is it repeated?

FBI Ch. D5 National Emergency

From what I have seen, yes, it is in every FBI radio. It can be repeater or simplex. And it is programmed as both P25 and analog.

I have actually heard some units using it in analog, simplex in some areas still.

It was in use in P25 mode at the Super Bowl in Houston...

- Chris

ecps92

and to Elaborate, it has also been seen programmed
a. Simplex for both the input and output
b. Reversed Pairing
c. Don't get hooked on $167 also seen as $#67 in some Regions.

As Chris said, it's been seen Analog, but with P25 that seems to have gone away

Not having the D Zone Pre-programmed is like not having the NIFOG channels pre-programmed to listen to..., You never know when, where or for what...
From what I have seen, yes, it is in every FBI radio. It can be repeater or simplex. And it is programmed as both P25 and analog.

I have actually heard some units using it in analog, simplex in some areas still.

It was in use in P25 mode at the Super Bowl in Houston...

- Chris

kb4cvn

Silent Key
Nowhere near a paved road, away from the maddening
Not having the D Zone Pre-programmed is like not having the NIFOG channels pre-programmed to listen to..., You never know when, where or for what...

Ditto with not having the AGA (All Government Agencies) 'itinerant' frequencies programmed. In my area (Central Virginia), the Blue Ridge Parkway maintenance crowd use two of them for miscellaneous operations. Narrowband FM...nothing exciting.

But the other day, had a few USGov users pass through using 163.100, in P-25, with several of the units encrypted.

You never know what you might pick-up. :wink:

ecps92

what NAC did you get, as I have seen each agency use it's own :confused:

Ditto with not having the AGA (All Government Agencies) 'itinerant' frequencies programmed. In my area (Central Virginia), the Blue Ridge Parkway maintenance crowd use two of them for miscellaneous operations. Narrowband FM...nothing exciting.

But the other day, had a few USGov users pass through using 163.100, in P-25, with several of the units encrypted.

You never know what you might pick-up. :wink:

ecps92

Interesting. Thanks

We've seen info on this freq with $293 but no Agency to ID, other than
thoughts it could be a Travel Channel for Fires/Disaster Responses

Next thought would be to compare RID vs known VHF Agencies
$293
Talkgroup 1
AES encryption

kb4cvn

Silent Key
Nowhere near a paved road, away from the maddening
What I find even more interesting is the more than common use of Logical ID (LID) 1 for all the radios in a conversation, both secure and unencrypted digital.

I hear car-to-car intercom type traffic on a fairly routine basis out on the highways (& interstate) when I travel. Male and Female users chatting about driving, lane changes, pit stops, etc., and all of the user radios are using the same LID number! (Almost universally with NAC $293 on Talkgroup 1.)

I can only assume that some Tech squirted the programming into the radio(s) and handed them out, not caring about specific user ID's.

Hooligan

What I find even more interesting is the more than common use of Logical ID (LID) 1 for all the radios in a conversation, both secure and unencrypted digital.

I can only assume that some Tech squirted the programming into the radio(s) and handed them out, not caring about specific user ID's.

Abiding by P-25 Radio ID conventions can present an operational security issue.

SCPD

QRT

I hear car-to-car intercom type traffic on a fairly routine basis out on the highways (& interstate) when I travel. Male and Female users chatting about driving, lane changes, pit stops, etc., and all of the user radios are using the same LID number! (Almost universally with NAC $293 on Talkgroup 1.)

I have seen many federal entities do this and found it odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.