Status
Not open for further replies.

Masani

Hi all,

I've done a lot of searching to find any resolutions to a similar issue but am still having problems using Unitrunker and my two new RTL-SDR dongles (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B011HVUEME?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details) to run as both a Fixed and as a Scanner. While running this on Windows 10 (On several different devices), I am only able to have the Fixed be listed as running and working appropriately (healthy), while the other will immediately change to Stopped status when trying to run the scanner on Voice setting.

I am running Unitrunker 1.0.33.6 version currently and below are the Scanner/Fixed details from the program:
1627913104472.png
1627913172276.png1627913194668.png1627913218146.png

I am following Tahoe Steve's youtube series and this is where I have managed to find myself quite stuck with my newly found hobby. Any help anyone may be able to offer would be extremely appreciated. :)

Let me know if I have left out any details that would aid in clarifying the issue, I have verified several times that each dongle has the appropriate WinUSB driver from Zadig.

Thank you for the help!

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I am running Unitrunker 1.0.33.6 version currently and below are the Scanner/Fixed details from the program:

Since you are using SDRs for Unitrunker, I strongly recommend you join the Unitrunker Google Groups and upgrade to the unreleased Version 2 which is continually being upgraded. Also, once upgraded, the author discourages discussions on RR for V2 and there is excellent help (including directly from the author) in the Google Group.

brownalan

I am running with the same settings that I see on your graphics.

The only thing I can offer is that when I was running mine on a laptop and had to use a USB hub, I found that I had to sometimes move one of the RTLs to a different USB port to get them running. You might try plugging and unplugging the RTL devices or moving them to a different USB port and see if that helps.

I am now running some Nooelec dongles on a tower and have them plugged directly into the computer and I haven't had that problem.

I'd be curious to know if both your RTLs are showing up as connected and working properly in Device Manager?

Masani

what system are you trying to listen too? those tahoe steve video's are old
I believe it is a P25P1 - I wasn't aware that so much changed so thank you!

Since you are using SDRs for Unitrunker, I strongly recommend you join the Unitrunker Google Groups and upgrade to the unreleased Version 2 which is continually being upgraded. Also, once upgraded, the author discourages discussions on RR for V2 and there is excellent help (including directly from the author) in the Google Group.

Thank you! I will certainly check this out, between yourself and @PDXh0b0 's suggestion it seems that perhaps I should do some further digging into the newer solutions available to me. Appreciate you both taking your time to get me pointed in the right direction :giggle:

PDXh0b0

Premium Subscriber
I believe it is a P25P1 - I wasn't aware that so much changed so thank you!

Thank you! I will certainly check this out, between yourself and @PDXh0b0 's suggestion it seems that perhaps I should do some further digging into the newer solutions available to me. Appreciate you both taking your time to get me pointed in the right direction :giggle:
you also might like SDRTrunk
SDRTrunk quick set-up

Status
Not open for further replies.