2010 Hyundai Santa Fe

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorkphotog

Premium Subscriber
emd001:
All of the scanners/strobes/misc accessories are run directly from the battery, through a ChargeGuard Select unit (SIRENNET.COM - ChargeGuard Select Vehicle Power Management System). It ensures that the gear will never drain the vehicle's battery when the engine is off. There are five switches in the console area to control the various equipment. I didn't have a second battery installed in this vehicle because all of the equipment doesn't really use a ton of power. I'm able to run all of the radios for quite some time before running into power issues. The car's engine is running most of the time when I'm at work.

I have a Xantrex inverter installed in the cargo area -- will take photos soon.

Hope this gives you some ideas!

SonicN

emd001:
All of the scanners/strobes/misc accessories are run directly from the battery, through a ChargeGuard Select unit (SIRENNET.COM - ChargeGuard Select Vehicle Power Management System). It ensures that the gear will never drain the vehicle's battery when the engine is off. There are five switches in the console area to control the various equipment. I didn't have a second battery installed in this vehicle because all of the equipment doesn't really use a ton of power. I'm able to run all of the radios for quite some time before running into power issues. The car's engine is running most of the time when I'm at work.

I have a Xantrex inverter installed in the cargo area -- will take photos soon.

Hope this gives you some ideas!

Any new photos yet ?! :D

bwils65

As a newbie, I have a question. I don't understand why you have more than one scanner unit? I've noticed some guys have 4 or 5 exactly (or appears exact) units. Is there a reason like separate monitoring of talkgroups or services like PD, EMS, Fire or something like that? Just wondering.

SCPD

QRT
I see why you have so many radios. I see Toronto on the display screen. Its difficult to follow a city divided into several zones. It requires multiple radios or you miss out.

DBennett

I will say it is a nice setup and if you add a MDC you might have some agencies looking to Hyundai as there next vehicle cause word on the street or track I should say is police are not happy with whats out there for there cop cars. Again York nice setup

Last edited:

n6jub

Hyundai Santa Fe Radio Installation

I just got a 2011 model -- which really does look like yours.
My question is how did you power all those radios? There is not a lot of space for a spare battery in my engine compartment and the rear storage is not tall enough for a battery.

Please help -- I only have about a month to install my IC709 into it.

Also where is the best place to bring the power cord into the passenger compartment to avoid engine heat and the environment from coming in?

Andy
n6jub

Status
Not open for further replies.