Qn East 482.75625
Qn West 482.50625

Si 482.76875

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
New EMS Tac's all narrowband

Done.

At some point soon I'd like to delete all the old EMS frequencies from that listing. Let me know when we're 100% certain they are no longer used so I can clean them out.

garys

Premium Subscriber
What is your source? Your list is completely different than what Charles has, or maybe I'm reading it wrong.

New EMS Tac's all narrowband

Tac 1 = 482.50625 85.4

Pl 167.9 for all others
Mn South 483.29375
MN Central 483.28125
Mn North 483.03125

Bx South 483.21875
Bx North 482.98125

Bk South 482.76875
Bk Central 482.51875
Bk North 483.20625

Qn East 482.75625
Qn West 482.50625

Si 482.76875

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
What is your source? Your list is completely different than what Charles has, or maybe I'm reading it wrong.

His "source" is the fact that he's actually OTJ and is very knowledgeable about this stuff. ;)

I'm not sure what you're looking at on Charles' site, but you're probably either reading it wrong or Charles hasn't updated his site...or both.

If you look at the RR listing you'll find the current (new) EMS dispatch frequencies listed first (they are all FMN), followed by the current (new) EMS tact frequencies listed right afterwards (also all FMN, except for EMS CFR tact). Everything listed after that tagged DEPRECATED are the old frequencies, no longer in use.

dasnps

Premium Subscriber
I was near NYC the other day and heard some activity on the old FDNY EMS Citywide channel. I heard a batallion officer calling central and giving updates about a fire scene and central talking to the officer. I don't remember the exact numbers though. It did sound like FDNY, but definitely not the FDNY Citywide though.

garys

Premium Subscriber
His "source" is the fact that he's actually OTJ and is very knowledgeable about this stuff. ;)

I'm not sure what you're looking at on Charles' site, but you're probably either reading it wrong or Charles hasn't updated his site...or both.

If you look at the RR listing you'll find the current (new) EMS dispatch frequencies listed first (they are all FMN), followed by the current (new) EMS tact frequencies listed right afterwards (also all FMN, except for EMS CFR tact). Everything listed after that tagged DEPRECATED are the old frequencies, no longer in use.

I'm looking at the HT layout that Charles linked to in this thread. Either Charles has the frequency information wrong, or tbendick does. Charles's update is dated 1/10/12, so it's pretty current.

I'd just like to know which one is correct so I can update my programming.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I'm looking at the HT layout that Charles linked to in this thread. Either Charles has the frequency information wrong, or tbendick does. Charles's update is dated 1/10/12, so it's pretty current.

I'd just like to know which one is correct so I can update my programming.

You'll have to be more specific than that. Which frequencies specifically are you referring to? EMS Dispatch? EMS Tact?

All of the new frequencies are narrowband, and are easily recognizable by the fact that they're five digits past the decimal point. The old wideband frequencies are only four digits past the decimal point.

The new EMS Dispatch and EMS Tact frequencies are listed in the RR DB under New York County/New York City Fire Department/EMS. They were updated today. I don't see any of the new EMS Tact frequencies on Charles' site.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Or in simpler terms, everything in the EMS section that is currently highlighted in green is the new EMS Dispatch and EMS Tact frequencies. Everything below that is flagged as Deprecated and has (OLD) in the description.

Does that clear things up?

garys

Premium Subscriber
Or in simpler terms, everything in the EMS section that is currently highlighted in green is the new EMS Dispatch and EMS Tact frequencies. Everything below that is flagged as Deprecated and has (OLD) in the description.

Does that clear things up?

Not at all. I'll say it again since you don't seem to grasp the concept. Charles has a list of current (old) frequencies and next to those frequencies, in parenthesis, he has the future frequencies. Those frequencies, the ones in parenthesis, are different than the list that was presented here and is in the DB. What I'd like to know is which ones are correct?

Although to be fair, the question wasn't directed at you, more to Charles and tbendick.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Not at all. I'll say it again since you don't seem to grasp the concept. Charles has a list of current (old) frequencies and next to those frequencies, in parenthesis, he has the future frequencies. Those frequencies, the ones in parenthesis, are different than the list that was presented here and is in the DB. What I'd like to know is which ones are correct?

Although to be fair, the question wasn't directed at you, more to Charles and tbendick.

I don't think you're grasping the concept, so please let's dispense with the attitude.

There are two separate lists here, the Dispatch frequencies and the Tactical frequencies.

Assuming you are referring to the list on this page of Charles' site (since you haven't bothered to provide a link to the exact page on his site you're referring to):

NYPD, FDNY & EMS SYSTEMS

The frequencies at the bottom right-hand side of the page under EMS, every single frequency in parenthesis and bold font matches what is currently in the RR database for the EMS Dispatch frequencies. In fact, Charles was the one who added them to the RR database himself.

The TAC frequencies have not yet been updated on his site, however they have been updated here on RR. That was the list tbendick posted yesterday, the TACTICAL frequencies, not the DISPATCH frequencies. The list on Charles' site is showing the new DISPATCH frequencies.

Now are we clear? :roll:

garys

Premium Subscriber
The TAC frequencies have not yet been updated on his site, however they have been updated here on RR. That was the list tbendick posted yesterday, the TACTICAL frequencies, not the DISPATCH frequencies. The list on Charles' site is showing the new DISPATCH frequencies.

Now are we clear? :roll:

Why didn't you just say so earlier! :roll:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Why didn't you just say so earlier! :roll:

I did! In three separate posts! :eek:

If you look at the RR listing you'll find the current (new) EMS dispatch frequencies listed first (they are all FMN), followed by the current (new) EMS tact frequencies listed right afterwards (also all FMN, except for EMS CFR tact).

You'll have to be more specific than that. Which frequencies specifically are you referring to? EMS Dispatch? EMS Tact?

The new EMS Dispatch and EMS Tact frequencies are listed in the RR DB under New York County/New York City Fire Department/EMS. They were updated today. I don't see any of the new EMS Tact frequencies on Charles' site.

Or in simpler terms, everything in the EMS section that is currently highlighted in green is the new EMS Dispatch and EMS Tact frequencies.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I think you really need to work on your writing skills. :evil:

Perhaps you need to work on your reading comprehension skills. I could not have been any clearer in my posts. As you correctly guessed in your first post:

You read Charles' site wrong, you read the RR database wrong, you read tbendick's post wrong, and you read every single one of my posts wrong...but I'm the one with the problem here? :roll:

garys

Premium Subscriber
You read Charles' site wrong, you read the RR database wrong, you read tbendick's post wrong, and you read every single one of my posts wrong...but I'm the one with the problem here? :roll:

I'm glad you realize that. Do you get lost often when you are driving your limousine?

n2nov

Guys,
There are conflicting sources of the info for the EMS TAC freqs. I am in the process of verifying what IS and what WILL BE. I had hoped the RR database was not changed yet until ACCURATE information was available. The EMS is undergoing some changes that will last all year until the FCC mandated narrowband issue for 1/1/2013 is resolved as far as NYC getting permission to delay the process. As we have seen in the past with the PLs listed for the narrow FM channels for both FD and EMS over the past two years, things can change in a heartbeat when things in the field do not match the theory when they make up the frequency lists. Patience my firends, patience! :)

garys

Premium Subscriber
Guys,
There are conflicting sources of the info for the EMS TAC freqs. I am in the process of verifying what IS and what WILL BE. I had hoped the RR database was not changed yet until ACCURATE information was available. The EMS is undergoing some changes that will last all year until the FCC mandated narrowband issue for 1/1/2013 is resolved as far as NYC getting permission to delay the process. As we have seen in the past with the PLs listed for the narrow FM channels for both FD and EMS over the past two years, things can change in a heartbeat when things in the field do not match the theory when they make up the frequency lists. Patience my firends, patience! :)

So, the confusion wasn't neccessarily on my part? Thanks, Charles, I feel better, my self esteem is restored! :wink:

tbendick

Premium Subscriber
As most of you know I am OTJ with FDNY and I have a background in communications. So I would ask that you trust my information

I can tell you as of today that all FDNY EMS units have switched the portable radios to the Motorola XTS5000 radios, in doing so they have switched over to ALL the New Narrowband Freqs.

The information in the Database of the New Narrowband channels are 100% correct.
Now as n2nov has said things can change anytime. However the information in the database is accurate as to what is in the radios being used in the field. There is no reason not update the database in case months from now they go back and reprogram the radios. If they reprogram we will provide the updates.

I have verified all the TAC channels and PL's with the radios in the field.

To answer the questions about the old DISPATCH channels. Yes they are still turned on and you will still hear transmissions on them. However this is because the new and old channels are linked together. But no units are currently transmitting on these channels from the portable XTS radios. Exceptions might be some of the vehicle mounted radios.

Side note we are currently testing narrowband configurations for the fireground channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.