2022 MOSWIN Sites/Talkgroups

kd0fmg

Premium Subscriber
26903 is used for EMS Dispatch by AirCare so they are likely allowed statewide. I know I've logged them on 26903 several times on the sites within my range around the St. Louis area.
Talkgroup 26903 is listed in the MOSWIN DB here. Missouri Statewide Wireless Interoperable Network (MOSWIN) Trunking System, Statewide, Multi-State

269036917DAirCare DispatchAirCare DispatchEMS DispatchCox Health

And that's what happens when you try to do a CTRL+ F search towards the bottom of the MOSWIN DB........:poop::poop:

My bad folks!

KA0KDW

Per system admins 859.9625 is the main control. The other two listed on RRDB are “alternate” they change control channels quarterly for a day or so to test the system and make sure it rotates properly as it’s supposed to. CU did this as well on the old analog 800 system. Keep in mind that even though the GC 800 is part of MoSWIN it is still owned and maintained by City Utilities of Springfield. So some practices will vary compared to state owned sites.

Also per CU once system is completed (we’re almost there) there will be two data channels and 16 voice channels.
It is technically part of the Greene county fleet of talk groups. However, this particular talk group (26903) was assigned to Cox Health Systems for Air Care’s in flight operations.

You can find the clip of them leaving Columbia on this archive at time marker 4:04: https://archives.broadcastify.com/31630/20220606/202206061651-615166-31630.mp3

Their 3 main channels 2 analog and the MOSWIN talk group are part of my scanner feed: Polk, Hickory, and Dallas County Public Safety Live Audio Feed

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
The (formerly) Itinerant trailer site 1-98 has been moved to Carthage, Mo at the Jasper County Jail with a Site NAC of 1C0.
With the Jasper County Sheriff now full-time on MOSWIN having left the former County/Carthage VHF NXDN system, more coverage was needed.
The trailer freqs have changed to the template "i" freqs as it is expected a final permanent site in the Carthage area will use those freqs:

773.05625c
773.30625a

Site neighbors being researched

w

foster_006

Mercy EMS in Greene County is finally being heard on Zone 4. The old M36 talk group for Mercy EMS is currently patched to Zone 4. No digital radios showing yet. I believe they're the last agency left on the old analog system and all other traffic heard on M36 is digital traffic patched over from Zone 4.

KA0KDW

To add to the info from @foster_006 the M36 system currently has a time line of the antennas and equipment being removed from the 7 site locations sometime in mid to late July. One of the amateur clubs is following this time closely as the tower crew will be replacing an antenna and phasing harness for a repeater on City Utilities republic site.

jayres

Premium Subscriber
Mercy EMS in Greene County is finally being heard on Zone 4. The old M36 talk group for Mercy EMS is currently patched to Zone 4. No digital radios showing yet. I believe they're the last agency left on the old analog system and all other traffic heard on M36 is digital traffic patched over from Zone 4.

You'll probably start seeing activity on the Mercy TG's on Zone 4 in the next hour or so. Starting the migration today. Still one agency left other than Mercy; and they are waiting for some additional radios to arrive. Goal is to have everyone off M36 by end of the month.

KA0KDW

You'll probably start seeing activity on the Mercy TG's on Zone 4 in the next hour or so. Starting the migration today. Still one agency left other than Mercy; and they are waiting for some additional radios to arrive. Goal is to have everyone off M36 by end of the month.
Other than Mercy…what is the other agency. Only things I’ve heard on the old system is fire ajd mercy.

W0RS

Premium Subscriber
Other than Mercy…what is the other agency. Only things I’ve heard on the old system is fire ajd mercy.
Which brings up a question for Cox and Mercy EMS. Where can I find their 10 codes or similar designations, I heard Mercy give a priority 2 for a call?

foster_006

Which brings up a question for Cox and Mercy EMS. Where can I find their 10 codes or similar designations, I heard Mercy give a priority 2 for a call?
Priority 1 = lights and sirens... Priority 2 = no lights, no sirens

Code 1 = non-emergent, Code 3 = emergent.

As for Mercy.. they use Priority Dispatch codes in their initial dispatch. A list of those codes can be found here...

Priority Dispatch Codes - The RadioReference Wiki

The rest of everything else should be plain english.

foster_006

My apologies.. I should have clarified. Mercy will be the last full time agency on the analog system to transition.

Cox rarely uses their talk group, but they do utilize the TRS for interop with mainly fire agencies in Greene Co.

KA0KDW

Priority 1 akd 2 is the designator how how “important “ the call is. Typically priority 1 is emergency and priority 2 is non emergency. As far as 10 codes they typically don’t use 10 codes. They’ll use EMD (emergency medical dispatch) codes. I k ow somewhere in RR THERES A WIKI WOTH EMD codes.

W0RS

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the help, it’s amazing how protocols are so different here then it was in Omaha, NE. In Omaha, all medical calls to 911 were handled by Omaha Fire and transported by the same to one of the many hospitals, two of which were trauma centers.

I had my first personal experience here in Springfield with 911 services. I was at a large shopping complex where Best Buy is located. I was there for a long brisk walk from one end of the complex to the other but I was out by the curb so that if people would walk out of one of the many doors from the stores I would not get hit by the door. Well, I tripped off the curb and fell into one of those black trash containers that don’t move. I hit my head, but the bleeding would not stop because I am on a blood thinner. Somebody stopped and could see my problem, they ask if I wanted 911 services, I replied yes, so they were called, I heard the person tell them that the bleeding would not stop and that I was on a blood thinner. It took the medic unit 16 minutes to arrive, they did not expedite, in all this time people kept giving me material to put pressure on my head wound because the bleeding would just not stop…..not pleased with the time it took!

Once at Cox hospital, they called it a trauma event, once the medics transferred me from their stretcher to the emergency department bed, there were two RN’s with me immediately, and the physician walked in 15 seconds after they did. I just don’t understand why out in the field, when info is given to the 911 people that it involved a head injury, individual is on a blood thinner, and the bleeding will not stop, that the same term (trauma event) would not mean the same as in a hospital. While I lived in Omaha for all of my life, with the exception of three years here in Nixa, I worked as a Manager for hospital security services for twenty five years and was with a VFD for ten years. When the city would dispatch emergency services to an incident, it was always a priority 1 and when they did, an engine company would always respond with the medic (Paramedics) unit, now, once the medic unit arrived at the scene, a assessment was made of the patient and according to protocol, weather they would transport to the hospital a priority 1 or just roll normally. I would have hoped that at least a Springfield engine company would have responded.

So, my opinion, the response could have been better based on what was told to the 911 operator. This would have never happened in Omaha because protocol is different then what it is down here. I would imagine St Louis and Kansas City would have similar protocol as Omaha but not sure, maybe someone knows? I only pray that I don’t have another medical emergency in Springfield when I am traversing the city because my confidence is a little thin on the type of response…..oh, before I forget, 15 stitches in my head and a $2200.00 trip to the hospital (that’s just the transportation).

Sorry, if this was not the proper forum place for this….

KA0KDW

@W0RS in most counties in southwest Missouri the ambulances are owned and operated by hospital. Mercy and cox have their own dispatch. With those two companies often times many 911 centers will get chief complaints and transfer you to cox or mercy. As for Springfield fire it all depends on what is happening. Today for example Springfield fire went into response mode one. This changes how calls are handled. In some cases Fire may not respond to certain medicals. We’ve had several calls where I am where the closest hospital is 25 minutes. Rarely do they run emergency to hospitals unless it’s stroke or heart attack. Those are the two for sure emergent transports usually up here.

As for EMS be handled by fire. That’s much more common in larger metro regions. One example would be KCFD.

foster_006

M36 is ALMOST gone!

All normal traffic for Springfield/Greene County is now on Zone 4 and the patches are no longer active. Looking at UniTrunker... just a lot of random radio affiliations.

dispatch235

Premium Subscriber
For anyone that owns a newer production Uniden BCD996P2 or BCD536HP that were having trouble with not decoding MOSWIN sites with frequencies in the upper vhf band, a new firmware was released last night that seems to have solved our problems (at least on my 536's).
Thanks @JoeBearcat for keeping on the engineers to get this corrected!
You will have to update Sentinel to it's latest update which was recently released first before you do the firmware update.
If you have a 996p2 you will have to download the updater to download the firmware.

marksroberson

Good afternoon folks, I don't live anywhere close to you guys but I have some information, Here is some Info that I have listed Differently:

RFSS IDSITE IDName
121-15Grimes
124-18Massman (Ind)
33-3Scott
331-1FWaynesville

I have 28B1 Listed as Metro Admin

I have a whole bunch of SLATER Info I will be posting on a forum.

talkpair

Those sites are all currently in the database with their names/locations updated.
Grimes and Massman are not valid town names and were updated in the database several years ago.