2022 MOSWIN Sites/Talkgroups

It is just a waist of time ,,,IMO to put in the voice channels (BLACK). But yes just alternate and primary is what I would do.
If the voice channels are taken out and just leave the control and alternate frequency would it speed up the scan speed on the site? Thanks for the info.

hitechRadio

And on the state maintained (MoSWIN sites) the secondary control and BSI are typically chosen as channels that have a higher risk of interference from tower agencies on same frequency (especially on the VHF sites)
Yes, although I would have probably
If the voice channels are taken out and just leave the control and alternate frequency would it speed up the scan speed on the site? Thanks for the info.
I cannot answer that, I do not even own a scanner personally.
But If I was to assume, and I may be totally wrong. But I would think it would speed it up. Since the scanner is not scanning the voice channels looking for a Control channel that will never be there. From a user perspective, the scan time may not be noticeable, dependent on the number of channels you put in to scan. 100sites may be noticed, 2 sites probably not.
Again, just guessing! So take it with grain of salt. Much sharper pencils in here than me on stuff about scanners.

hitechRadio

And on the state maintained (MoSWIN sites) the secondary control and BSI are typically chosen as channels that have a higher risk of interference from tower agencies on same frequency (especially on the VHF sites)
Yes, Makes Sense.. pretty sharp guys with MOSWIN.
Although I probably would have added a second alternate CC, that is next inline of the primary that is in the clear spectrum wise, for inbound. Incase of failure on the primary.
But I trust those guys know exactly what they are doing, and they have there reasons. They have there hands full on some of the VHF sites. 7/800 is pretty easy breezy for the most part. :)

Yes, although I would have probably

I cannot answer that, I do not even own a scanner personally.
But If I was to assume, and I may be totally wrong. But I would think it would speed it up. Since the scanner is not scanning the voice channels looking for a Control channel that will never be there. From a user perspective, the scan time may not be noticeable, dependent on the number of channels you put in to scan. 100sites may be noticed, 2 sites probably not.
Again, just guessing! So take it with grain of salt. Much sharper pencils in here than me on stuff about scanners.
Thanks again, get you a scanner and enjoy. 73s..

Yes, Makes Sense.. pretty sharp guys with MOSWIN.
Although I probably would have added a second alternate CC, that is next inline of the primary that is in the clear spectrum wise, for inbound. Incase of failure on the primary.
But I trust those guys know exactly what they are doing, and they have there reasons. They have there hands full on some of the VHF sites. 7/800 is pretty easy breezy for the most part. :)
Yes a lot of members on here have a lot of knowledge, I know some but not all. Lol, I was scanning since crystals were around.

dispatch235

Premium Subscriber
Since this is related to MOSWIN
Just a heads up for anyone that has purchased a new Uniden scanner recently there seems to be a problem with P25 decoding on vhf control frequencies of 171.200 and above... Frequencies below 171.200 and the 700mhz range so far as I've found seem to decode ok.
If you are having a problem with a new Uniden scanner not decoding a site, check to see what the control frequencies are.. so far we know the BCD996p2 and BCD536hp have problems...
This seems to be from a redesigning of the radios because of a hardware change, ie a chip that was no longer available

Since this is related to MOSWIN
Just a heads up for anyone that has purchased a new Uniden scanner recently there seems to be a problem with P25 decoding on vhf control frequencies of 171.200 and above... Frequencies below 171.200 and the 700mhz range so far as I've found seem to decode ok.
If you are having a problem with a new Uniden scanner not decoding a site, check to see what the control frequencies are.. so far we know the BCD996p2 and BCD536hp have problems...
This seems to be from a redesigning of the radios because of a hardware change, ie a chip that was no longer available
Thanks for the information sir. 73's...

KA0KDW

now back on 859.9625
City utilities does quarterly testing where the control will change for a short amount of time while they test the system to check and make sure it’s operating properly. I think the director might’ve said a day to or two but don’t remember.

KA0KDW

New site in Dogwood, Missouri (highway 14 west of Ava) in Douglas County.

It is Zone 3 Site 51. Info has been submitted. Should be showing up soon. It is on the 700MHZ template A.

KA0KDW

Wanted to note that if there is anyone who listens via the Marble Hill site (zone 3 - site 46). Please perform a scan of the 700 band. Overheard a a tech on a P25 amateur system on Thursday say he was headed to Marble Hill to change the frequencies on he site. RRDB currently shows the site as non template set up. So the update would likely match the 700MHZ template for the 700MHZ state license.

W0RS

Premium Subscriber
According to the database, the Green 800mhz simulcast control frequencies have changed. Is someone able to confirm this?

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
@W0RS The Zone 4 SIte 1, aka Simo 800 MHz control channels updates came from reliable submissions. Let me know if you see other control channels.

W0RS

Premium Subscriber
@W0RS The Zone 4 SIte 1, aka Simo 800 MHz control channels updates came from reliable submissions. Let me know if you see other control channels.
Whoops, an inquire a little premature on my part. I taped on the name and it brought up the control channel that’s in use. There were only two control channels listed on the first primary page……🤢

KA0KDW

Per system admins 859.9625 is the main control. The other two listed on RRDB are “alternate” they change control channels quarterly for a day or so to test the system and make sure it rotates properly as it’s supposed to. CU did this as well on the old analog 800 system. Keep in mind that even though the GC 800 is part of MoSWIN it is still owned and maintained by City Utilities of Springfield. So some practices will vary compared to state owned sites.

Also per CU once system is completed (we’re almost there) there will be two data channels and 16 voice channels.

kd0fmg

Premium Subscriber
Good Morning Folks,

I logged this TG yesterday on my SDR Boonville VHF Site 15.

P25, BEE00.1CE, 26903, 50, Normal, 2, 2022/06/06 16:40, ""

I'm going to assume that its a Greene Co. TG. Not sure what it is doing in this part of the state. My reasoning: Greene Co All is 26901 and Green Co. Travel is 26902.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Good Morning Folks,

I logged this TG yesterday on my SDR Boonville VHF Site 15.

P25, BEE00.1CE, 26903, 50, Normal, 2, 2022/06/06 16:40, ""

I'm going to assume that its a Greene Co. TG. Not sure what it is doing in this part of the state. My reasoning: Greene Co All is 26901 and Green Co. Travel is 26902.

26903 is used for EMS Dispatch by AirCare so they are likely allowed statewide. I know I've logged them on 26903 several times on the sites within my range around the St. Louis area.
Talkgroup 26903 is listed in the MOSWIN DB here. Missouri Statewide Wireless Interoperable Network (MOSWIN) Trunking System, Statewide, Multi-State
26903 is listed under the Cox Health talkgroup group and not under either Greene County group which can make it a bit harder to find unless you sort the talkgroups by All Talkgroups instead of the default Grouped type sort.

269036917DAirCare DispatchAirCare DispatchEMS DispatchCox Health