2023 Nascar Thread

evilbrad

My head makes a bad antenna
Anyone at LA Coliseum? OTA for re3000 scanners are available for this event.

Banjo_Z2005

somewhat bump.

here's a thing I want to know,
The NASCAR Craftsmen truck series and ARCA is coming back to the Milwaukee Mile on August 27th, 2023.
are the freq's the same for officials in every race?
what should I be on the lookout for?

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
Normally NASCAR is on the same frequency for control at every track.

The Wiki has Control and Backup Control Frequencies. With Trucks there ARCA will most likely use the same but not confirmed.

Harold

Premium Subscriber
somewhat bump.

here's a thing I want to know,
The NASCAR Craftsmen truck series and ARCA is coming back to the Milwaukee Mile on August 27th, 2023.
are the freq's the same for officials in every race?
what should I be on the lookout for?
Yes, Frequencies for "the Tower" stay the same from year to year. However the Truck series seems to have the most driver changes and thus frequency changes from race to race.

evilbrad

Sometimes the primary and 2nd are reversed during race practice and or qualifying. I've seen arca use the secondary channel as the primary.

461.200 464.600

chocolate_nault

Premium Subscriber
Updated using the frequencies as reported on the Speedway Digest website.
The subtones are not verified and anyone in Daytona this weekend can help fill in the gaps.

Attachments

• 2023 NASCAR CUP.zip
    22.3 KB · Views: 153

JCar24

I took a try at making a racing favorite list for the SDS100. I programmed in quick keys as well as number tags for the teams.
Quick keys will enable/disable cars by car #. To use quick key method - while the list is in scan mode, press 1.1.1 and press "E", this will disable car #1. Do this again to enable the car #1. This will work for all car numbers.
To use number tag method, press "CHANNEL" to hold on any car. While car is in hold mode, press 1.1.1, and then press "CHANNEL" again. You should end up at car#1-channel 1. From here you can scroll using the knob to get to channel 2 of car#1. Another method is while car#1 is highlighted, Press "DEPT", wait for the function indicator to go away, the press "CHANNEL". This leaves you scanning both channels of a single car#. I like the number tag method much better.
I realize nascar only uses analog signals, for the race fan experience. With that in mind, I personally wouldn't risk carrying around a $650.00 or more investment at a racetrack. The BC125AT works fine for me.
What got me thinking about this, was reading other threads on IMSA, Formula 1. It seems other series us digital, so a digital scanner would make much more sense there. Anyway, let me know what you think. I can't vouch for the frequencies., I used a popular website to find them.

Attachments

• 2023 Nascar Cup.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 60

ccsprague

I realize nascar only uses analog signals, for the race fan experience. With that in mind, I personally wouldn't risk carrying around a $650.00 or more investment at a racetrack. The BC125AT works fine for me.
Yeah. Definitely not bringing my SDS100 when the BCD435HP will work fine.

That being said can you use Sentinel to program the BC125AT? Was super easy to program between the SDS100 and BCD436HP as the Quick Key settings and Favorites are the same on both units.

Thanks for the hpe file! Made some modifications to the quick keys so that I can disable MRN or the Officials if I want to.

ronvogel

I appreciate the posting for the Cup cars. Does anyone have the Truck and Xfinity list?

ronvogel

excuse my stupidity. What Wiki are you speaking of? I cant find any excel versions. The only Wiki page I see has xfinity from 2014 and old Cup and truck

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
The NASCAR Wiki Page is here -

Also all frequencies are on speedway digest.

Here are the truck frequencies -

And Xfinity -

Wiki page is only as good as you and others make it. If it needs updated update it. Also your not going to find an "excel" version of the frequency list. Most likely need to create your own.

chocolate_nault

Premium Subscriber
Attached are my Excel lists for all 3 national series.
None of the subtone codes are verified. All online sources and forums have been quiet compared to past years with no at track verification of subtones.

Attachments

• NASCAR 2023 FREQUENCY LIST.zip
    55.4 KB · Views: 60

Dave520

Premium Subscriber
The NASCAR Wiki Page is here -

Also all frequencies are on speedway digest.

Wiki page is only as good as you and others make it. If it needs updated update it. Also your not going to find an "excel" version of the frequency list. Most likely need to create your own.
I have updated the Nascar Cup wiki with the current list from Speedway Digest.
I think I got everything correct! If I missed something or someone sees an error, feel free to update the wiki.
Thanks,
Dave

Dave520

Premium Subscriber
I have updated the Nascar Cup wiki with the current list from Speedway Digest.
I think I got everything correct! If I missed something or someone sees an error, feel free to update the wiki.
Thanks,
Dave
Also updated the Xfinity series.

chocolate_nault

Premium Subscriber
Racing Electronics posted the frequencies for the Texas Nascar Craftsman Truck race. Attached is the updated Excel file and PDF. None of the subtones have been confirmed for 2023.

Attachments

• NASCAR TRUCKS 2023 TEXAS.zip
    448.5 KB · Views: 37

evilbrad

Apparently doesn't appear to be OTA support for the Texas Truck race. No on-site rental/retail since it's a split race weekend... but like they said a free freq list pdf is posted.