296d issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

ButchGone

For some strange reason my 296d will not recieve talkgroups when in ID search mode. No sound, no talkgroups ID's flash on the screen. It will show talkgroups numbers when in "Activity Display" mode.
It still hears everything fine in ID scan mode. It will search conventionally. When in trunking ID search mode it displays the control channel frequency, shows full strength signal and everything appears as it should when monitoring the local 800MHz system.
This came about without any signs of trouble. Any ideas? I did program the 296d with the Butel software. What can I check? Does it need to be reset?
Any help appreciated!
BG

ButchGone

Re:

I upgraded both when I bought the unit back in December. It's been working properly up until this glitch. I also just operated 296d with my computer using the ARC250 virtual control, and tried to start an ID search, still nothing. It's in trunking mode and shows control channel...just no id's or audio. Again, ID scan is fine!
BG

ButchGone

Re:

I for some reason had I-call "only" selected on trunk setting menu within the Butel software. Dunno how it did that, but I changed it to I-call "on" and reloaded all the data for the local trunked system. Works great, as it did before including ID Search mode.
Thanks Dave!

Status
Not open for further replies.