3 pursuits in 1/2 hour

Status
Not open for further replies.

proquist96

At approx. 02:15 a pursuit started in a Costa Mesa neighborhood East of Newport blvd. N. of 15th st. reaching 70mph at times in a 35mph zone, Orange to Ogle then Santa Ana to 16th pl.,Orange,Whittier,Fullerton etc. 10 mins traveling on practically every street in that area no further east than Santa Ana av. Now he's North on Newport Blvd. from 19th, continued North thru Bay st. at high speed and turned (L) westbound on Fair then turned North on S. Newport Blvd and used the S. exit @ Del Mar to enter the 55 S. and quickly turned around heading the correct direction on the 55 S. reaching 110mph and hit spike strips on the freeway and kept going thru 19th,18th etc..back to 16th st. made left on 16th. At this time i come outside again with phone and scanner and the Helicopter noise is heard on recording with scanner and me just amazed how close i was (i was worried he may be getting too close We both were wearing a white shirt and i didn't want to get confused with the suspect), suspect bailed out in Heller park just past Orange av. they caught him one block west (Orange?) of park near the homes about where it began. Now, when that ended, another pursuit started on the 5fwy n to 605n and with only one unit following they managed to stay north until past Beverly Blvd and exit fwy Hacienda? the suspect drove into a cul-de-sac and rammed the PD unit (245'd me!) pretty hard several times and continued on for a few more mins until the two suspects bailed out and were detained. I think HB1 helped in that.Now another chase on the 57n@Katella started and this i may have to listen to my recording for the details on this because i cant remember.I recorded with my phone all these chases the first CM chase i heard the Eagle overhead while i was changing batteries and listened for 5 mins before i started recording outside hoping this would come down my street. I have the audio if anyone is interested,i'll try to put them on here.The CM chase takes the cake and i do talk a little and said F*** when my scanner blasted me with digital noise (1.4dsp app problem but still receives better on distant stuff) This CM chase was the best and closest i've heard so far. Red Channel was busy! john

Last edited:

brandon

Database Admin
Great stuff. Guess I need to fire up the PRO-96 again and put it back on RED

Status
Not open for further replies.