396T P25 decoding delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Apr 19, 2004
Messages
13,295
Reaction score
1,132
Location
Arlington, TX
On vacation this week, so the announcement was somewhat delayed.


This update should dramatically improve false digital signal unmuting over v1.08.07.
 

n3uhh

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Feb 18, 2005
Messages
24
Reaction score
5
Location
Johnstown, PA
Thank you Paul and Uniden for the update.

Your efforts are much appreciated.

Dave H.
 

W4KRR

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Apr 1, 2001
Messages
3,727
Reaction score
305
Location
Coconut Creek
Yes, thanks Paul. I's nice that someone from the "inside" is listening to users and addressing problems.

I just downloaded and applied the update. "Motorboating" and "machinegunning" seems to be greatly reduced compared to previous update.
 

wesct

Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2005
Messages
764
Reaction score
3
Location
Connecticut
UPMan said:
On vacation this week, so the announcement was somewhat delayed.


This update should dramatically improve false digital signal unmuting over v1.08.07.

just so its clear, do you have to update first to v 1.08.07 and then to version 9?

wesct
 

MarkEagleUSA

Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2004
Messages
677
Reaction score
1
Location
Connecticut
wesct said:
do you have to update first to v 1.08.07 and then to version 9?
The updates are cumulative meaning they include all the previous enhancements, so there's no need to install them incrementally.
 

GTO_04

Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2004
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
140
Location
Noblesville, IN
396 Decoding Delay

dwlind said:
I just checked on Uniden's website and it looks llike new firmware has been posted.

Yes version 1.09 is now available! If I download this, will I erase everything that I have programmed in so far?

My Pro-96 all of a sudden is doing the same thing on the Indiana SAFE-T system which is mixed mode 3600 baud. Must be contagious I guess.

GTO_04
 

kikito

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
2,603
Reaction score
84
Location
North Pole, Alaska
GTO_04 said:
Yes version 1.09 is now available! If I download this, will I erase everything that I have programmed in so far?

NO, it doesn't erase your programming BUT common sense dictates that you should do a backup anyway. ;)

My Pro-96 all of a sudden is doing the same thing on the Indiana SAFE-T system which is mixed mode 3600 baud. Must be contagious I guess.

You know, I kind of noticed lately that my Pro-96 was doing some of that stuff. I wonder if some recent upgrades to systems or radios in the past few weeks could be to blame on top of whatever else might be happening....
 

wesct

Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2005
Messages
764
Reaction score
3
Location
Connecticut
MarkEagleUSA said:
The updates are cumulative meaning they include all the previous enhancements, so there's no need to install them incrementally.

thats what i thought.

wesct
 

W4KRR

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Apr 1, 2001
Messages
3,727
Reaction score
305
Location
Coconut Creek
Apparently, the so called "motorboating" and "machine gunning" affects Motorola radios as well. I often hear dispatchers asking units to repeat their transmissions, saying "your radio went digital". This is on the State of Florida Motorola digital system.
 

epbernstein

Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2005
Messages
301
Reaction score
0
Location
Boulder, CO
W4KRR said:
Apparently, the so called "motorboating" and "machine gunning" affects Motorola radios as well. I often hear dispatchers asking units to repeat their transmissions, saying "your radio went digital". This is on the State of Florida Motorola digital system.

Colorado State Patrol does so as well.
 

jas0nr7272

Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2005
Messages
81
Reaction score
0
Location
St Peters
W4KRR said:
Apparently, the so called "motorboating" and "machine gunning" affects Motorola radios as well. I often hear dispatchers asking units to repeat their transmissions, saying "your radio went digital". This is on the State of Florida Motorola digital system.


Yes st clair county near my residence has this same problem with the 9600 baud control channels.

All other systems in my area seem to work great.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top