TRX-1: 460-465 MHZ step size in Limit Search

Status
Not open for further replies.

japostolik

When setting up a "limit" search....

Is the correct step with TRX-1 in the 460-465 range supposed to be 3.125 Khz?

Is there any way to change that with this unit?

woodpecker

When setting up a "limit" search....

Is the correct step with TRX-1 in the 460-465 range supposed to be 3.125 Khz?

Is there any way to change that with this unit?

You can't change it, its locked in the firmware bandplan, this is one of the disadvantages of Whistler scanners.

japostolik

Are all TRX-1 using 3.125 steps in this range? I could have sworn that it was 6.25 KHZ before I applied the latest Firmware update.
I was thinking something was wrong with my unit.
The reason for the question is that it seems to not be landing on the correct frequency often times when searching. You can hear things in most cases but the display is often off by the 3.125

kikito

Premium Subscriber
To make matters worse, if you have FlexStep enabled, it won't lockout frequencies. After you hit Skip, it'll stop again on the same frequencies on the next cycle of searching. I can't seem to be able to disable the Delay either. I turn it off, Save Changes and go back and still enabled and doing the delay as normal when searching.

japostolik

I'm having good luck saving delay off or on with the unit but did notice something like you mentioned about skipping a frequency during search then it shows up again on the next cycle.

Will have to look at that closer.

milcom_chaser

Send in your bug reports to Whistler, it's listed in near the top of the Whistler catagory. Also, let Whistler know you want selectable step size and mode for all the band segments...

Status
Not open for further replies.