800 Mhz Filters for MPSCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

248panayiotis

Premium Subscriber
Hi:

Does anyone use an 800 Mhz filter to help eliminate low or high frequency noise ? I listen mostly to just the MPSCS (Macomb County) and was wondering if a filter would be of any benefit. I was thinking of one of these:

BPF-800N

OR

BPF-800W

Thanks in advance for any tips. I am using a RS Pro-106 scanner and a RS 800 Mhz antenna already but my reception is a little choppy sometimes.

freqs

I have never tried a filter .Not sure if it would help or hurt any .
The 106 is not perfect on MPSCS Simulcast .Ive found unless iam close to one of the towers it is choppy .

248panayiotis

Premium Subscriber
Thanks freqs. What do you think the best scanner is for MPSCS Simulcast ? I have considered going to the Uniden HP-1 but not sure if it would beany better or not.

freqs

Iam not sure
I am waiting for my 436 to arrive to see how much better it is .Ive herad good things about it

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
Hi:

Does anyone use an 800 Mhz filter to help eliminate low or high frequency noise ? I listen mostly to just the MPSCS (Macomb County) and was wondering if a filter would be of any benefit. I was thinking of one of these:

BPF-800N

OR

BPF-800W

Thanks in advance for any tips. I am using a RS Pro-106 scanner and a RS 800 Mhz antenna already but my reception is a little choppy sometimes.

I am over in Windsor and listen to Macomb County, I have 2 PAR filters hooked to mine but mine are tuned for paging crud. I find it does help a little bit, but not a major difference. I personally use BCD996XT and it works great, especially for being across the river, however I use a outdoor diamond discone. Hope this helps

krokus

Premium Subscriber
What sort of reception issues are you having? If you are having the "normal" simulcast problems, then a filter is not likely to help.

Sent via Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.