996 Owners Manual Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

rg65

Premium Subscriber
In my quest to learn more about the dynamic memory in my new 996, I decided to READ the manual (for once).

However, I seem to be missing pages 83 - 98! That is the part I need the most. I know the maunal is available online and it includes these pages, but I was just wondering if it a widespread issue.

compubandit

I've got them in my manual that came with my 996T...
83 is a continuation of the "Adjust P25 Level" and 98 is "Auto Search and Store" with "Conventional Search and Store".

jpm

I downloaded the manual when I ordered mine and all the pages from the Uniden site was included, as well as the manual with the radio.

MacombMonitor

rg65 said:
However, I seem to be missing pages 83 - 98! That is the part I need the most. I know the maunal is available online and it includes these pages, but I was just wondering if it a widespread issue.

My manual is not missing any pages. I would contact Uniden and have them send you a new manual, no charge of course.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Yes I saw that, but you can search or look at multiple pages with ease when you wait for a manual from Uniden in the mail. It may be a little tough to look at a missing page so you *could* download it and even print the missing pages. Mine is not missing pages.

rg65

Premium Subscriber
Thanks! I sent them an email requesting a new manual.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Blame the person who puts the book together. It wouldn't be the printer fault it would be the person(s) who put the book together I use to work in a print shop that did some books like that. That person has to use the right glue to have the book ready if that person misses a few things around it it can fall out. Or that person use the glue first than user a paper cutter that might explain why.

rg65

Premium Subscriber
Uniden has yet to answer my email about this manual. I wonder if they check them?

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Call them if you want a new one.

Do they check every page of every manual - of course not...

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I use to work on a sheet feed press. It may have double fed through the press and the printer didn't know it. I know if 2 sheets go through a bird sound comes if the sound goes 3 times the press stops feeding the paper through. It can be many of things sheet fed presses are pain the butt....

rg65

Premium Subscriber
rdale said:
Call them if you want a new one.

Do they check every page of every manual - of course not...

Sorry, I meant do they check their emails! I should be more careful in my wording.

nydxa

IN a word, this manual is useles!

There are so many things missing. At very least, each feature and function should be included in the index - many are missing. Uniden has to consider that many people WILL return the unit ifthey can't figure out how to program it easily. Hopefully Uniden is reading this!

It's too bad that it wasn't available in Word format - it could be rewritten for the benefit of all.

Otherwide the 996 is a KILLER RADIO!!

rg65

Premium Subscriber
Anyone else had issues with Uniden support? I have used the email link on their website twice to request a new users manual. No answer at all (not even a kiss my butt).

I like the scanner, but companies that offer email customer support should really read the emails once in awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.