BCD325P2/BCD996P2: 996p2 weirdness

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Last edited:

tvengr

Well Known Member
Try this USP Lewisburg ARC XT file. Save the attached zipped file to your computer and extract. Open the extracted file with ARC XT and Upload to Scanner. You can add whichever system quick key you would like.

Attachments

• USP Lewisburg XT.zip
    886 bytes · Views: 3

tvengr

Well Known Member
Not sure if @Falcon9h understands the use of System Keys yet? If not we may have to walk them through it.
This PDF file should answer any questions about using quick keys. @Falcon9h, print it out and save it for your reference. Read it over until you understand how to use quick keys. We're here to answer any questions.

Attachments

• Uniden Scanner Quick Key Instructions DMA.pdf
    14.4 KB · Views: 5

Falcon9h

Premium Subscriber
Try this USP Lewisburg ARC XT file. Save the attached zipped file to your computer and extract. Open the extracted file with ARC XT and Upload to Scanner. You can add whichever system quick key you would like.
Finding control channel,yet when I stop scan and step thru the channels i hear the control channeljust fine. (this keyboard sux btw) Defective radio at this point? I really appreciate this btw.

a727469

Premium Subscriber
As was mentioned, verify ID search is on, not scan, then check the way your groups are set up after reading the pdf above. It sounds like your sites are ok.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Are you saying that my file doesn't work either? How many frequencies do you have programmed and on which frequency are you hearing the control channel? Do you hear any activity when you hold and scroll through the talkgroups on the system? The Motorola Type II systems are at end of life. It is possible that they have switched to another type of system, most likely P25, and the database has not been updated. If you put the scanner in ID Search, you will hear all talkgroups on the system. In ID Scan, you will hear only the talkgroups programmed.

Falcon9h

Premium Subscriber
Are you saying that my file doesn't work either? How many frequencies do you have programmed and on which frequency are you hearing the control channel? Do you hear any activity when you hold and scroll through the talkgroups on the system? The Motorola Type II systems are at end of life. It is possible that they have switched to another type of system, most likely P25, and the database has not been updated. If you put the scanner in ID Search, you will hear all talkgroups on the system. In ID Scan, you will hear only the talkgroups programmed.
Just got home so I'm gonna play around some more this afternoon. Only thing I heard was the control channel, I'll check after I have my wife's excellent homemade pizza 😁👍

Falcon9h

Premium Subscriber
@Falcon9h
Is this the System you are talking about?
I would load all 4 Control Channels PLUS the Voice Channels I would also load all Talkgroups PLUS I WOULD TURN ON ID SEARCH just to see if any Talkgroups have changed.
I did that. I also programmed it as Motorola and then P25 to try both per this: Easier to Read BCD996P2/XT Digital Scanner Manual
No joy for either.

Falcon9h

Premium Subscriber
OK, I did this. All voice and control frequencies. I heard a couple of 'burps' of voice trying to get through then nothing. Left everything alone, imported right from the database. At least it fouind the control channel.

Attachments

• U_S_Penitentiary.zip
    837 bytes · Views: 3

Falcon9h

Premium Subscriber
You are using a Uniden the BLURP then the scanner moves on is the sign of ENCRYPTION. The Unidens skip ENCRYPTION in this form.
Maybe they changed over and no one caught it but I know updates here are excellent. When I import from RR I skip encrypted talkgroups.
I chose that system for testing as it is close with a full scale signal. Time will tell, I guess.
Thanks for that info, much appreciated!

jtwalker

Premium Subscriber
Maybe they changed over and no one caught it but I know updates here are excellent. When I import from RR I skip encrypted talkgroups.
I chose that system for testing as it is close with a full scale signal. Time will tell, I guess.
Thanks for that info, much appreciated!
There are no talkgroups defined for the US Penitentiary so there would be none flagged as encrypted. I think you’re chasing your tail with this system, at least using info currently available in RR.

Falcon9h

Premium Subscriber
410.0125 right now as I write, and I finally heard a couple transmissions. Very brief. Maybe things are fine and they don't talk a lot. 🙄