BCD325P2/BCD996P2: 996p2 weirdness

Falcon9h

Premium Subscriber
Very strange! It is programmed as a Motorola system, has the control channel frequency, and has the same Uniden custom band plan as in the Radio Reference database.
Weird ain't the word for it. I've been hearing stuff, but very brief. "north" "call me at xxx". I think it's working and they keep talking to a bare minimum. Centre County and now Pa. Starnet are fine. Starnet has a good strong site here. I programmed that site alone since I only use the thing at home but with the evil E the only thing I put in was Penndot and a few other talkgroups. Wish I could hear PSP... Heard enough (not much) to know that's working also, so I'm gonna call this solved.
Many, many thanks!

Falcon9h

Premium Subscriber
On the talkgroups I put on Starnet, I'm hearing very little and most of the freqs show DAT. Is that normal?

a727469

Premium Subscriber
DAT appears when you are holding on a talkgroup with no activity showing and it is getting the data channel ok ..when the talkgroup is active DAT should change to the appropriate type such as P 25.

Falcon9h

Premium Subscriber
Very little in the clear on PA-StarNet in my area of PA other than PennDot.
Even nothing on penndot here. I should think there'd be a lot of chatter. I only programmed in Shade Mountain since it's the only site I can receive anyway. So maybe that limits things.