A Little Apprehensive about coming Back to RR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Two7

I'm a new guy here; but also back into the hobby after some time away. Welcome back, and thank you for your service. I hope you have fun while getting caught up on all the changes. (that's a lot of the fun for me).

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Welcome Two7. The thing that's a lot of fun for me is when I turn the scanner on and it starts scanning. lol. Best wishes for your journey here. I see you live in the city of the REAL Cheese Steak.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Welcome back Greg! Not to worry, you're among old friends and you'll make new friends too. RR is a great place to come when you need to keep busy and get your mind off your troubles. Best of luck to you and enjoy reuniting with your hobby! Most of us are hear for the same thing, to learn what we can and help when we can! :)

Bill

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Thank you iMONITOR. You and others here have been very kind, with the attitude that "we can make it" and "you will make it." This means a lot to an old guy like me. Its also good to be surrounded by people who all enjoy the same hobby. I just had a good thought so I turned my 436 on, set my range to 10 miles...and now getting all kinds of good stuff. Again I thank you iMONITOR.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Are you getting York Co? How long has it been since you updated the database? York Co previously was on a UHF T-Band P25 Phase 1 system and is presently using a 700 MHz P25 Phase 2 system.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
You're very welcome! We all age and with age comes better understanding and compassion for others. I survived two open heart surgeries, one in 2013 to replace a mitral valve in my heart and the exact same surgery last year to replace the defective installation of the first one. I spent five years barely able to breath and almost died three times, and although they said I did not suffer a stroke I'm not as sharp as I used to be. I experienced vision problems for awhile, occasional difficulty pronouncing words properly and not being real steady on my feet. Maybe I'm just an old fart @ 69, but I'm still trying to do the best I can.

Happy to hear you're up and running, enjoy! (y)

greggk

Premium Subscriber
iMONITOR you sound like a survivor. I had a very small stroke years ago and have the same issues with walking, speaking, and vision . .The doctors, for some reason, did not want to classify it as a stroke. But I did. Now, many many years later, doctors somewhat concede that I had a very small stroke. Doing the best you can is just the opposite of "giving up." Hang in there. I'm glad you made it thru all of it!

greggk

Premium Subscriber
TVENGR....I am getting a 700 system here. I did not program specifics, just set it on ten miles and away it goes. I do not have a current database, but I need a little extra time for all of this. Don't I need to have Sentinel in my computer first? Thanks for all. In a month or so, maybe 3 weeks, when I'm really ready to dive into this we can meet. Having your expertise will be invaluable to me.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Welcome back, greggk, and thank you for your service! Hope whatever reservations you had about returning to RR have diminished somewhat. There are a few of us old farts with medical issues that can relate to your situation. At the sake of old people talking health problems, I will not mention mine lol. Hope you stick around this time, and get that den converted to a radio room! I commandeered the smaller spare bedroom and turned it into half radio room, half recording studio and - you guessed it - I am running out of room. It's the nature of the hobby - we need more shelf space, rack space, head space. All of that. Hope to hear more from you, greggk, and see the pics of your radio station!

JD
kf4anc

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Diaforett and Tailgator 911.....thank you for the kind words. Can't wait to finish this room and get some pics for RR. By the way...it seems that while I was away, Uniden was busy..again., hence the two new SDS models. Good Grief ! Now I must worry and scheme on how to get a new SDS model cuz who can live without them !?

:rolleyes: PAUL...whats the scoop on Military discounts? I don't really need an answer...just ship one off to my address. Thanks.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone just point me to the PM section? I've looked long and hard but just cannot find it.. Thanks

Never Mind....I found it by hovering over the icon picture on the left!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.