Status
Not open for further replies.

W3DMV

Yes, the county is aligned East and West so there is no way to program
just the south area of the county. All traffic is transmitted from all sites
at the same time.
You need to remember this county is physically small and generally
a rural area. It can go hours without a fire dispatch. EMS is active due to
the large number of senior citizens living here who need medical attention.
The RR data base is correct and up to date. If you are looking for odd
things, please ask.

nycpress

Greetings -
Traveling around the region, scanning Simulcast and Adams East/West all day, and none of them would find a control channel. I have a BCD996P2. Any ideas?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Sell them and get a SDS100 or SDS200. They're the only scanners actually designed for simulcast.

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
Please check your PM.
Thank you for your willingness and generosoty regarding sharing your info and expertise. We just moved so I've been offline. We're in Carroll near the mason dixon so I don't know how much of Adams I will be listening to activity north of the line. At this point I only have 396/996 XTs so I think they are deaf to Adams. Thanx so much.

W3DMV

Site info I previously posted showing locations.

Attachments

• 05B9A92C-7A5C-486B-8FF0-8F5ACA7F6510.jpeg
    05B9A92C-7A5C-486B-8FF0-8F5ACA7F6510.jpeg
    22.6 KB · Views: 52

Ryanwr944

Feed Provider
I did some testing with my G5 around the area of milesburn rd near Fayetteville and around Birch Run road signal was strong I did not expect that deep into the forest to hear Adam’s.

W3DMV

Adams county has outstanding coverage. Half a dozen tower sites located in the west side of the county
are on mountain tops. At least three of the sites are line of site to your test location.. Glad you had success
and a good trip...

Ryanwr944

Feed Provider
Adams county has outstanding coverage. Half a dozen tower sites located in the west side of the county
are on mountain tops. At least three of the sites are line of site to your test location.. Glad you had success
and a good trip...
Thank you in September I will be in Shippensburg for Uprise Fest planning to test Franklin county.

One13Truck

Feed Provider
When did Adams mess with their paging? It’s been a few months since I listened to them and it seems as if they’re slowly phasing out the GC tones. :( Does that mean any hopes of keeping voice paging at least and transitioning over to it on the P25 system when the low band finally kicks?

W3DMV

You might elaborate what you mean by "messing" with the
paging system.
The county still operates voice/tone (analog) paging on VHF-Lo,
digital paging only on UHF, and voice/tone (digital) paging on the
800Mhz system. As far as I know, it's been this way since the
trunking system went operational several years ago.

One13Truck

Feed Provider
Some companies have new tone sets. At least new to me that hasn’t listened in a few months. Downgrade IMO but I’ve spent life in a department that uses a GC tone so the shrinking of them in Adams makes me sad.

nycpress

On a related topic, I know that it was never a chatterbox frequency, but on my last two visits, I've heard absolutely nothing on the VHF P25 frequency assignes to GNMP NPS. You usually hear something—whether it's a Park Watch volunteer calling in-service, or asking a ranger to come unlock a door to a shed at the Eisenhower Farm. An acquaintance who works on the historical interp end of things at the Visitor Center said "new radios" were recently distributed, but he doesn't know anything about the inner-workings. Is it possible they've dropped an E on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.