adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

btritch

I have searched everywhere on the net, the regular sites including universal radio and testparts.com and I have not found what I'm looking for, I'm sure someone has it but I'm looking for a female to male BNC adapter...

Jakemcgraw

btritch said:
I have searched everywhere on the net, the regular sites including universal radio and testparts.com and I have not found what I'm looking for, I'm sure someone has it but I'm looking for a female to male BNC adapter...
HI, try : www.therfc.com .......They have many different types of adapters , common and hard to find types.............................Les

btritch

I looked, I didn't see one but I know I can get them, I've got them before online..I'm using a f to m bnc adapter because I change antennas a lot and it saves the wear on the radio, however, now the dang adapter has a short in it so I'm in need of a new one and cannot find one to save my life! I've looked EVERYWHERE online....and in the local RS store, I have to just not be looking in the right spot though...There's got to be one out there somewhere...

Airdorn

Make a little patch cable out of a couple of BNC connectors and a 1-1/2 foot length of RG58.

Get a few of those bulkhead mount BNC splices. They are female on both ends so you can 'splice' two male-ended cables together.

Get a nice piece of aluminum L-bracket. I have a source of some real nice ones from my work, but you can get some L-brackets and angle aluminum from Home Depot or another hardware store.

Drill 2 or 3 holes in the L-bracket neatly. Put the bulkhead splices in there and tighten them down. Mount the L-bracket near your radio in a convenient place.

Put your antenna lead-in on one end, and the patch cable to the radio on the other end. If you places 3 splices like in the picture, then you can have 3 antennas on it, and just choose your antenna at will.

That way, you don't ever have to mess with the antenna connector on the back of the scanner.

All the stuff mentioned is available all over the place, including Ebay. Don't waste your time at Radio Shack. All they care about is selling you a cell phone contract.

I included some pics to help illustrate.

Attachments

• adapters.jpg
    adapters.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 93
  • patch_cable.jpg
    patch_cable.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 93
  • panel.jpg
    panel.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 90
Status
Not open for further replies.