ADS-B Scope help

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcopter1

Premium Subscriber
I have a Mac running Yosemite and VM Ware running Windows Xp.
I've already got configured and running my GNS 5890 receiver. What I would like to do is set it up so that I can track aircraft like on a real controller's screen. You know, that dark background with the green outline.

So far, I've been able to get to the dark background screen, but, I'd like to get the outline of the region I'm in; Southeast Florida / Miami and how to install it

Would someone here help me out?

I also have Plane Plotter, but I have had no success getting it to do that either. Mostly interested in the ads-b scope solution.

Thanks.

invergordon

Hi Again, hopefully you have visited this site SonicGoose | How to Setup ADSBScope

As I don't use this I'm unsure of the formatting of outline files for this program so maybe I'm not much help.

Have a look at the manual http://adsbradar.ru/sites/default/files/i/adsbScope_en.pdf and there's mention of some .out file extensions so it may be that you can collect some from websites that share those, an example is jetvision.de - SBS-1 outlines/waypoints which should get you started. But read the manual on how to store the .out files.

Otherwise Google "adsbscope outlines" and "sbs outlines"

Have fun!

Michael

gcopter1

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for your reply. I have never seen this web site before. I will check it out. I'll re-post if I can't find my answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.