Advanced Receiver Preamps

Status
Not open for further replies.

302HO

I am looking into an advanced receiver preamp model P30-1000/11VD.

Does this thing run off of a battery or do you have to run wire to it?

I have an Icom R20 i would like to use it on.

thank you

MB

Feed Provider
Great choice! I have a couple of Advanced Receiver preamps. They work great. I especially like the P150VDG, 150-160Mhz +24dB GaAsFET preamp. This thing is unbelievable on VHF-Hi. My scanners connected to this receive all kinds of transmissions that even my ICOM and Motorola VHF-Hi commercial radios will miss.

They are powered by a 12V power supply. You can purchase one from Advanced Receiver or from Radio Shack. You can also use a Radio Shack 12V DC car adapter. As with all adapters, just make sure you wire it with the correct polarity.

302HO

I only have read "good" about those amps. I wish you could run em' off of a 9 volt battery though. I have also read that they are "clean" amps too.

thanks guys.

fineshot1

302HO said:
I only have read "good" about those amps. I wish you could run em' off of a 9 volt battery though. I have also read that they are "clean" amps too.

thanks guys.

303HO - You did not mention where you are located. Just bear in mind if you are in a RF dense urban area while using a very high gain very wide banded preamp you could experience front end overload and or intermod in your portable scanners receiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.