AFEDRI LAN-IQ

bearcatrp

Premium Subscriber
Anyone own one of these? Looks pretty good. Trying to figure out how to order. Am trying the email listed on the web site.

ratboy

Premium Subscriber
I have one, it's OK. I don't remember having any problems ordering it. I would say, "It's another one of my SDR's", nothing "WOW" about it. Get the optical encoder option. Kind of expensive compared to the SDRPlay RSPDX-R2, I have one of the early SDRPLAY devices and there is pretty much no difference in performance, unless you must have a stand alone setup.

bearcatrp

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. Just got a reply from Alex. Didn’t think this out of Israel. Am considering the optical encoder. Am wanting the portability for stand alone setup. The waterfall display is what I’m really liking. Combine this with my R30 for better reception when the unit finds a distant signal that can’t listen to, turn the R30 to that frequency.

bearcatrp

Premium Subscriber
Came in today. Hoping its as good as my Belka. If it is, will sell my Belka. Smaller than I thought it would be but liking it so far. Time to do some testing.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
It would be comparing apples to oranges. Two very different radios - the Belka doesn't have the same coverage, it's not connectable to various SDR applications, the list goes on and on.

Mike

bearcatrp

Premium Subscriber
That’s the reason why I would consider selling the belka. But that’s only if this new radio can do as good or close. But the belka is one heck of a HF radio. Very sensitive. Won’t know for awhile.

bearcatrp

Premium Subscriber
Got to spend some time on it last night for a few hours on HF. This radio with the waterfall display is awesome. Will be testing VHF/UHF next. You won't go wrong getting this radio.