After reviewing the LA LATIE Plan....

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Its amazing how great ideas turn into reality.....

I looked closely at the list of LATIE Users.....

Hmmm Entergy..... A great source for not only an infrastructure for a possible Statewide system here.... but strangely familiar to how SC got started on thier Palmetto 800.......

Call me crazy but if utilized.. since Entergy's TRS not only covers most of LA, it also covers a very large part of MS.... and AR.... Would this not be a great foundation to build out from....

LA is upgrading to an ASTRO-25 700/800 system.... AR is also upgrading to a ASTRO-25 format..... AL is possibly also doing this with a VHF platform.... And TN, NC, and GA are building Motorola TRS's also. If someone with a lil foresight were to get DPS to go to our fearless leaders and actually do thier homework, and get the ball rolling on HomeSec for more grants.... I do not see why we can't have a Statewide TRS, or combined Conventional/TRS here.

Talk about interoperability..... I have siad it before,.. and I say it again.... Most of the Southland is about to become scanner heaven, especially with a digiscanner......
Give it just a few more years... and from the STARNET in TX, to the Palmetto 800, youll have a secure, interoperable linked network for Public Safety Usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.