OFFICIAL MSWIN Thread

charlie12

They may be on MSWIN and the MSWIN page administrator may not have been notified of the channel. There are a Lot of Talkgroups on MSWIN that aren't listed. I would imagine that it is labor intensive to keep up the page nowadays.
I was asking because my friend lives in Gloster and he's can't get anything from Centerville PD.

danw5211

Premium Subscriber
WCC is reportedly working on the Seminary Tower starting at 0800 this morning and the Collins West Tower beginning at 1100 today. Listeners /Users may experience loss of signal or delayed transmissions on mobiles and handhelds.

slhbeard

Premium Subscriber
I have a question about AMR. They have a large group of ambulances stationed in Natchez that have been there for a long time. Pafford covers Adams County in Mississippi and Concordia Parish in Louisiana which is across the river from Natchez. What does AMR cover in that area?

slhbeard

Premium Subscriber
I'M not sure. I have also found out they serve Claiborne and Jefferson Counties. I guess that maybe why they are in Natchez. They have 20 or more ambulances there. They are located near the Mall near the Mississippi River. Also does anyone know what talkgroups they would be using for thar area since at least 4 counties are involved?

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
AMR has been in Natchez for many years. They even have had a VHF system for coverage in the area since well on 30 plus years. Though Metro Rural was primary for much of the area, and some coverage from that other service out of Louisiana... Med Express. Pafford is the big dog there now, with AMR on rocky ground lately. AAA wanted to expand over from its McComb base, but that never gained traction. They did manage to get a secondary footing in Lincoln County though KDMC is primary EMS there. AMR got Jefferson after the complete bailout of an EMS service that resulted in a state law regarding EMS agencies being able to operate... $$$ lost big time makes Legislation happen.

danw5211

Premium Subscriber
Interesting that you caught that off of the Rock Hill site. That's about 20 miles outside of Covington County. They may have changed their radius from County area to a wider area. Or the 3 Hattiesburg area towers (TEMD) aren't permitting their TG.