Agencies not encrypted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ERADIO

Hello I’m from the Bryant area,i’m Having trouble finding agencies that are not encrypted.Does anyone know of any agencies close to the Bryant area that are not encrypted and are also P25 phase 1,Thanks in advance!

wbswetnam

Has anyone heard if the new Bryant police chief Carl Miden has any plans on switching back over to clear dispatch?

I cannot think of even one example anywhere of a law enforcement agency that, once they went encrypted, went back to unencrypted.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
I cannot think of even one example anywhere of a law enforcement agency that, once they went encrypted, went back to unencrypted.

Read a couple of articles several months ago about this very thing happening. One even said they realized after they went E that they weren't getting as good of tips as before because so many scanner listeners had been their eyes and ears in certain situations.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
There are now at least three in TN, two in MS that I know of that are no longer running full time E on dispatch.

wbswetnam

Well, OK, sort of... twenty years ago, Memphis PD went digital with VSELP, which was of course unmonitorable on any scanner then, and even now. But, about ten years ago they went with P25 unencrypted. So while not "encrypted", they went from being unmonitorable to being monitorable again. I guess that you could say the same situation for many ProVoice agencies before Uniden began offering it as an add-on digital mode.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
I'm not talking about that sort of thing, I'm talking about legit changing from E to unE. Believe it or not it's happened.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Well, OK, sort of... twenty years ago, Memphis PD went digital with VSELP, which was of course unmonitorable on any scanner then, and even now. But, about ten years ago they went with P25 unencrypted. So while not "encrypted", they went from being unmonitorable to being monitorable again. I guess that you could say the same situation for many ProVoice agencies before Uniden began offering it as an add-on digital mode.
No as in Clarksville on TACN, as well as at least 2 DMR users. Were E now in the clear. As well as a couple of agencies in MS that were E now also in the clear.

wbswetnam

I'm not talking about that sort of thing, I'm talking about legit changing from E to unE. Believe it or not it's happened.

No luck for me, unfortunately. As long as Russellville continues with its present police chief, the Russellville Police Department will continue to be E on all talkgroups.

dchemist

Hello I’m from the Bryant area,i’m Having trouble finding agencies that are not encrypted.Does anyone know of any agencies close to the Bryant area that are not encrypted and are also P25 phase 1,Thanks in advance!
Hey neighbor, I'm next door in Benton. Bryant and Benton have both gone with encryption on their dispatch and tac channels. As far as LE goes, Saline County and Troop A are both on the AWIN system (P25 Phase 1) and are both unencrypted and regularly bounce off the Benton tower.

Status
Not open for further replies.