AGFC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fallohide

I haven't heard any game and fish traffic on awin in about a week. I hear all the normal other awin traffic I have always heard such as state police troop g, mcso on awin, etc. just fine.

Checked my programming and it appears fine with no change. Just asking fellow Arkansans if they are hearing agfc traffic on awin? I am in the sw part of the state. Is there a different freq for them? Thanks.

StrickTech

Feed Provider
I have had them programmed in my radio for about a month now,but have only tried listening a few times, and have never heard anything, in central arkansas.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
I hear them around Independence, White, Stone counties. Off the Iron Mountain and Batesville sites.

Fallohide

Thanks guys, that tells me they are still on awin. I will double check my scan list programming.

kibler

Feed Provider
Thanks guys, that tells me they are still on awin. I will double check my scan list programming.
Hello Fallohide.....Just recently in NW Ark, I have been hearing what sounds like a new Game & Fish channel on Talkgroup #29801! It sounds like the same guys that were on VHF hi band! You might plug that number in and see if you here them. Thanks

Fallohide

Hello Fallohide.....Just recently in NW Ark, I have been hearing what sounds like a new Game & Fish channel on Talkgroup #29801! It sounds like the same guys that were on VHF hi band! You might plug that number in and see if you here them. Thanks

Thanks Kibler, I am adding that tg now! Will update with results.

paragould12

I have caught TG# 29808 and 29811 in NE Arkansas (Paragould) may be AGFC as well. I'll try to get time to monitor them. I also have hits on TG# 44706,11150,and 16424 that I haven't been able to identify on Lake City and Hopewell towers if any one has info on them.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Interesting catches, folks. I've only been listening to the 5401 tg as listed in the database. As you determine what these others are (districts or TACs or whatever) I hope you will submit them to the db.

kibler

Feed Provider
Interesting catches, folks. I've only been listening to the 5401 tg as listed in the database. As you determine what these others are (districts or TACs or whatever) I hope you will submit them to the db.
Hello 03msc.....I sometime have a hard time determining the actual information (districts or TACs or whatever) needed for the new Talk Group's? Not sure how to find this information other than just thinking it sounds like an Game & Fish talk group??

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Hello 03msc.....I sometime have a hard time determining the actual information (districts or TACs or whatever) needed for the new Talk Group's? Not sure how to find this information other than just thinking it sounds like an Game & Fish talk group??

Yeah, usually that's the best way. Unless you have some insider info you just have to listen and see what you hear.

I am assuming some of these are either some "district" talkgroups or tgs for the wildlife officers to talk to each other and bypass dispatch, kind of how they did on analog.

Most (all?) still have their analog radios so they probably use those on simplex when working together in the field, too.

Fallohide

I appreciate the feedback on my original question. I am just scratching the surface on this hobby. As a result of the feedback from you guys on these different tg's, I learned how to manually add a talk group and a wildcard this weekend! It is really simple but I didn't know how to do it before now, so much appreciated. I have just been doing the library import.

To the point of the post, I am not hearing anything from those talk groups above but am hearing a little traffic this morning that I think is AGFC on tg 29803. This is from my AWIN wildcard. The closest site to me is the Macedonia tower.

The reason I think it is AGFC is they are very courteous, saying sir and ma'am when speaking with dispatch.

kibler

Feed Provider
I wonder whom is the official Records Keeper and assignee of 'NEW' AWIN talk group numbers by agency, city or county? Would be nice to have FCC access to this information or is there a web page I don't know about that has this information? Sorry, this dumb question has probably been asked before.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
I appreciate the feedback on my original question. I am just scratching the surface on this hobby. As a result of the feedback from you guys on these different tg's, I learned how to manually add a talk group and a wildcard this weekend! It is really simple but I didn't know how to do it before now, so much appreciated. I have just been doing the library import.

To the point of the post, I am not hearing anything from those talk groups above but am hearing a little traffic this morning that I think is AGFC on tg 29803. This is from my AWIN wildcard. The closest site to me is the Macedonia tower.

The reason I think it is AGFC is they are very courteous, saying sir and ma'am when speaking with dispatch.

Typical AGFC traffic is along the lines of "283 AWIN Little Rock" / "283" / "I'm 10-8 Little Rock" / "10-4 sir, 2:04"

Now, some of these talkgroups may be unit to unit so I'm not sure there. This is what I hear on the 5401 tg.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
I wonder whom is the official Records Keeper and assignee of 'NEW' AWIN talk group numbers by agency, city or county? Would be nice to have FCC access to this information or is there a web page I don't know about that has this information? Sorry, this dumb question has probably been asked before.

AWIN manages the system. The FCC would just license the frequencies for the sites and radios.

Magnetsteve

AGF AWIN

As of 8/16/2017, AGF is full time on the AWIN system. They posted a ribbon cutting at their dispatch center in Little Rock on facebook.

arpilot

Agfc 29801

So, I have my question answered as I was about to post about TG 29801. I listened to traffic that appeared to be Game and Fish on that for about two hours late last week. I was confused because the traffic didn't sound like the old G and F com profile. I was a dispatcher for them for a year or so back in 2006-7 and it threw me. They announce what district they are in like "B-1" then their three digit unit number "323" then call LR. So it was sounding like " B-1 323 Little Rock", need a 10-28 Ark LPN." Just in case you hear it, it sounds quite different. I just need to figure out how to program them into my Pro-96 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.