Air Evac San Marcos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanscanman

N5WRF
Premium Subscriber
Greetings folks,

I was listening to Lavernia work a accident this morning and heard them call for Air Evac out of San Marcos as Airlife was busy. The unit that responded was Air Evac 50 and they worked him on Texas Law 1 and he poped up on Airlife guard while inbound to university.. but I could not find his home.. anyone have any ideas on thier main freq?

FCC look up for Air Evac does not list San Marcos or anyone close.. and while looking at a few other Call signs listed in the DB for other Lifeteams to see if I could track them that way I noticed that the call for Air Evac San Antonio comes back to Northside ISD, which I found rather odd.

Anyways if anyone has a freq or any other ideas of where to look I would greatly appreciate the input.

As always thank you in advance.

pacrat551

TX Admin
Database Admin
AirEvac uses these freq's for the Austin area. I haven't tuned in a while, but this is their main dispatch channel for the various areas. Their primary dispatch is in California I think.

460.82500 465.82500 RM 162.2 PL AirEvac Aus Air Evac Lifeteam - Austin FM EMS Dispatch
461.57500 465.57500 RM 114.8 PL AirEvac LaGr Air Evac Lifeteam - La Grange FM EMS Dispatch

Sanscanman

N5WRF
Premium Subscriber
Thank you for the information..

while I was researching this I came across this website as well.

http://www.taams.org/

Texas Association of Air Medical Services

Website says it was last updated in 2006.. but I would imagine most of the info is still fairly accurate.. of particular interest to me was the Air Evac page .. lots of good info on that page.

anyway I thought I would share the find

nd5y

while I was researching this I came across this website as well.

http://www.taams.org/

Texas Association of Air Medical Services

Interesting. I know a while back 2 or 3 people have asked about Air Evac Lifeteam in West.
It appears that the UHF frequency in the RRBD for West (454.450) might be a typo.
The one listed on the above web site (464.450) is different.
http://www.taams.org/airevac.htm

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
sorry

not to hijack this thread- but can someone point me in the general direction of a DB for these air freqs- I'm really just interested in Central TX flight services.

I have the LCRA Starflight TGID, an Airlife freq, but this is by far more freqs listed above than I have run across anywhere-

Are ya'll just searching FCC licenses for known org.s?

Last edited:

JRR4607

Premium Subscriber
Freq

I was searching for FREQ and came across this one 151.4000. This is no where found in the data base and also what i hear is dispatch calling for AIR EVAC 51 and then AIR EVAC 51 replying back for the call. Is this some kind of repeater that i am hearing? Also, i hear AIR EVAC 51 giving patients care information to the hospital.

Last edited:

nd5y

It is possible that Air Evac Lifeteam has an unlicensed repeater in the Waco area like they do in Glen Rose.
Next time you hear them giving a patient report on 155.400, see if you can hear the helicopter on 159.690 which is the frequency they are licensed for in West and might be the repeater input.

JRR4607

Premium Subscriber
It is possible that Air Evac Lifeteam has an unlicensed repeater in the Waco area like they do in Glen Rose.
Next time you hear them giving a patient report on 155.400, see if you can hear the helicopter on 159.690 which is the frequency they are licensed for in West and might be the repeater input.

Ok the FREQ i put in was wrong it 151.4000 and yes i will monitor the west freqs and see what happens.All so where are you getting the freq for west from and what is the one for Glen Rose.

Last edited:

Station51

Air Evac 50

2 weeks ago as the Airship at CTMC lifted off at 4:30 am it identified as "AIR EVAC 50" on the LCRA system enroute to a traffic collission at IH35 and exit 220 in Buda.
That is one of the rare times that I have heard any helicopter traffic at all. This was the normal ship that is always at CTMC (as verified by the tail number).

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 873
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 1,370
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 1,073

JRR4607

Premium Subscriber
2 weeks ago as the Airship at CTMC lifted off at 4:30 am it identified as "AIR EVAC 50" on the LCRA system enroute to a traffic collission at IH35 and exit 220 in Buda.
That is one of the rare times that I have heard any helicopter traffic at all. This was the normal ship that is always at CTMC (as verified by the tail number).

SO what FREQ are you hearing this on im very close to the IH35 335 mile marker.also nice pic's you got there.

JRR4607

Premium Subscriber

Station51

Freq

SO what FREQ are you hearing this on im very close to the IH35 335 mile marker.also nice pic's you got there.

I was "sleeping with the radio on" (until awakend by rotor noise) so by the time I focused on the display that brief communication was over.
I was monitoring the LCRA sys, both SAN MARCOS LAW and the Hays County Fire freqs including SM City Fire. My GUESS would have been that they were on the Hays County Fire TGID, but only a guess.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
I rarely hear these guys on a "regular" talk group on LCRA. 95% of the time I hear a patch created by the dispatcher to the helicopter service frequency so they can communicate. Once the incident is over the patch is cut.

Station51

This just in.....:)

I have been listening to this freq once in awhile....

451.8625 CTCSS 114.8

Air Evac "49" was toned out and dispatched to a call in the Ft Hood Kileen area.

49 had dispatch ascertain if the President was home because they wanted to fly over his air space. (He wasn't home).

Going to start monitoring this freq more often. I've heard some air ops in the Austin and San Antonio areas on this freq as well so it may be worth listening to.

JRR4607

Premium Subscriber
The Glen Rose repeater is 153.425. It isn't licensed.
The input is 160.095 and is licensed as a base station. http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?cs=WQIA712

I got the West frequency here http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?cs=WQFK912

If you confirm what frequency they are using in Waco and West go to this page
and submit the correct info http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?aid=1581

Ok, today i was montoring the 151.4000 and heard AIR EVAC 51 being patched to a call. Then 51 said go ahead med com and then was communicating with dispatch, then about an hour later i heard STARFLIGHT saying STARFLIGHT 5 to the WEST TOWER and gave their psition cordinance and said 5 minutes to Providence Hosp. So now i'm wondering if this is the WEST TOWER REPEATER or what? What i'm thinking is that if any medivac is around the WEST TOWER they have to give their cordinance. but i always hear AIR EVAC being dispatched to a call.

Status
Not open for further replies.