DSDPlus Airspy & DSDPlus new user help please

Johnnydxxx

As a new user getting used to my Christmas present of an RTL-SDR blog V3 I was pleased to be able to set-up and monitor a pub watch 456Mhz frequency using free version of DSDPlus which gives me 95% clear audio using the settings in my screenshot. However, another 453Mhz frequency is of interest to me which using same settings with decode set to auto in DSDPlus occasionally shows a steady signal instead of pulses but gives me dalek sounding choppy audio that is unintelligible. I've tried pressing, 1, 2 or 3 while this is happening to switch timeslots (I read this somewhere) with no effect. Is it possible for me to decode this signal or am I wasting my time trying to find a setting that works. Please excuse my ignorance, I used to love messing with scanners in the 90's but I am new to SDR. Advice appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot (51).png
    Screenshot (51).png
    451.7 KB · Views: 67

cg

Premium Subscriber
It is encrypted. The Alg= indicates encryption (the new Fast Lane spells it out). ENC=BP means Basic Privacy

Johnnydxxx

CG thank you so much for taking the time to reply to me. Now I'm even more intrigued as to what this signal is. Is this guy decoding BP

Johnnydxxx

Hi @Johnnydxxx Where did you download DSD interface from for SDR Sharp? The only site i can find is offline
Thanks
Hi Deanhod,
I realised after replying to you probably already have DSDPlus but not the interface. Well done for finding a link in the first place. It took me ages through youtube and googling to find one! Google Wayback Machine and go there, then enter your dead link. Navigate back through dates until you find it archived and you will be able to get DSD zip there. Have fun!

Last edited: