SDRTrunk SDRTrunk Troubleshooting

KO4RMV

Premium Subscriber
Hello Everyone!

I have been trying for the past 24 hours to get my SDRtrunk to work with my RTS-SDR model V3 and I can not hear any stations.

I downloaded SDR++ to see if the dongle was picking up stations and it is.

I am obviously missing something I just don't know what. My control channel always stays idle.

There are multiple control channels and I am new to this so I don't know which control channels I should be using, the main one or the alternate ones?

I am attempting to listen to Henrico County VA Fire Department. I know their Police radio is encrypted, but I can listen to the FD online sometimes so I don't think they are encrypted.

I can see some type of activity on the waterfall, but still nothing. I even upgraded to premium on RR to see if that would help me by automatically adding everything.

Because I don't know where to troubleshoot I am attaching some screenshots.

I only have one dongle, but now I see some people saying I might need two?

I have adjusted gain settings until I am blue in the face.

I am using a outside mounted JPole antenna that is about 25 feet off the ground currently, but have also tried a mag mount antenna with the same results.

Attachments

• Channel gain.jpg
    Channel gain.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 29
  • Henrico Channels from Radio Reference .jpg
    Henrico Channels from Radio Reference .jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 27
  • HenricoFrequecies.jpg
    HenricoFrequecies.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 27
  • Messages.jpg
    Messages.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot 2024-05-25 010715.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-25 010715.png
    305.5 KB · Views: 28
  • Tuner.png
    Tuner.png
    529.1 KB · Views: 33

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I use Unitrunker 2 for the Smartzone systems I monitor, in my case the Delaware statewide system. For the P25 systems I use SDRTrunk.

KO4RMV

Premium Subscriber
I use Unitrunker 2 for the Smartzone systems I monitor, in my case the Delaware statewide system. For the P25 systems I use SDRTrunk.
Thank you so much for this suggestion. I have been on this all day having a blast of a time!

I can't thank you enough for being able to look at what I had going on and helping me resolve.