AirSpy SDR#

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB_raspi

Newbie
Feed Provider
Joined
Jan 27, 2013
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Munno Para, SA
I am trying to monitor Gov Radio Networks here in South Australia.
I have Airspy SDR# installed with DSD Plugin
I can see DSD occasionally shows that its picking up frequencies but I can only hear a radio click sometimes, no voice. If I click 'Enable aux audio output I can hear the raw audio (unprocessed) (radioclip.mp3)

I am using this table of frequencies for SAGRN.

I have looked at many tutorials and a bit overwhelmed.

What am I doing wrong?
 

Attachments

  • Aurspy and DSD.png
    Aurspy and DSD.png
    109.2 KB · Views: 20
  • DSD+ Settings.png
    DSD+ Settings.png
    30.8 KB · Views: 18
  • RTL Settings.png
    RTL Settings.png
    13.7 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

thewraith2008

Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2016
Messages
1,903
Reaction score
910
What am I doing wrong?
The standard reply here is to only use DSD+ with the supplied FMP (tuner front-end) and not use SDR# at all.
This will allow trunk following if that's what you want. (and assuming the network is not encrypted)

NOTE: Using the DSD Interface or DSDtcp plug-ins won't allow trunk following.

That said, it is most likely the configuration of SDR# and the DSD Interface plug-in and a lack of virtual cable that is why nothing is working.
You need to set-up one of the two following ways:
  1. SDR# + DSD Interface with audio sent directly out of SDR# to a virtual cable to DSD+.
  2. SDR# + DSD Interface with audio sent out via the 'aux audio output' (in DSD Interface) to DSD+.
#1 is a bad choice because SDR# volume and it's DSP options can affect the audio made available to DSD+.
#2 is better but some other DSP plug-ins can still affect the audio made available to DSD+. (which is why it's recommended not to have other plug-ins installed)

I would recommend using the updated DSDtcp plug-in over the DSD Interface plug-in as it eliminates the need for a virtual cable.

If I where to guess, you have installed SDR# and a ton of plug-ins. (via community installer)
Some of these (outdated) plug-ins may affect the audio that DSD+ uses to decode.

Your desktop screenshot is unreadable for the most part but it does show that DSD+ is not getting the audio from SDR#
  • The little dark blue window should be showing a waveform.
This indicates that the SDR# audio output is not the same as what DSD+ is set to use or if using the 'enable aux audio output', there is no virtual cable set-up (or it is not selected) and DSD+ is not getting the audio.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top