Akron / Summit

Status
Not open for further replies.

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
32144 is probably not a talkaround (ok car2car) for Lakemore. We've seen them and Springfield using the Summit SO channels like Dispatch 1 and Services. They are probably using it for idle chat.

Here's an interesting idea. Let's assume Lakemore and Springfield are using these for daily ops. Then that may mean that the new Springfield PD OPS channel is really a citywide channel (similar to 4A on South Summit). Only time will tell.

Einstein

Springfield PD

Now Springfield PD is being dispatched on their OPS talk group 36848. I wish they would make up their minds. Tired of reprogramming the equipment.

Einstein

Springfield PD

I think that there would be to much traffic from Springfield to handle on the main disp talkgroup of the SO. Further Springfield also has their private talkgroup, alot of traffic on that as well.

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
Good news! I think i have finally correctly ID'd 49712!!

We have it (incorrectly) marked in the DB as "Dog Warden". The problem with that is three things:
1) the dog warden is part of Custom Service channel
2) this channel is generally only active off city hours
3) traffic on here can be any department (dog warden, communications) talking to "APD Service"

I've got a friend that works for communications that I've heard on here. I asked him about it once and he said that's the channel they use to talk to Police and Fire Services.

Enter a little patience. I've been recording this weekend, hoping for the Holy Grail of audio (someone calling a channel by name). Got it:

"Communications to APD Service on PF Service"

Thanks, whoever you are. DB update posted.

Frank

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
Just a quick update on Springfield and Lakemore. I had a chance to chat for a few with one of the Springfield PD crew. The channels we hear them on are called exactly that, 'south ops' and 'private'. I specifically asked what 'private' is actually. "I don't know, but that's what it is labeled," the officer responded.

The mysterious '2B' and 'on B' references are just old habit. They are really on Private.

I've also been told that Lakemore is also dispatched on South OPS. I can't confirm this. I can only recall hearing 9xx units there, and don't have S DSP1 in my scan set. Can someone else confirm this?

Frank

Einstein

Springfield/Lakemore

Yes, Lakemore and Springfield are dispatched on the south ops. I guess it was to congested on the main dispatch channel. I hope this now is permanent.

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
South Summit FDs are testing today:

35824 Road (assume Green Road Dept)
34800 COM4
34768 COM3
34736 COM2
34704 COM1
37232 ALERT 16
35120 TG10
35088 TG9
35056 TG8
35024 TG7
34992 TG6
34960 TG5
34928 TG4
34896 TG3
34864 TG2
34832 TG1

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin

Hey,

I just noticed someone posted an update for 37200 for Summit as Lakemore Fire. I'm not sure that is correct. I've heard "PD to FD" on that a few times. It is hard to say what that is going to be since it is probably some kind of patch between Summit800 and SouthSummit.

I'm sure it is not Lakemore Fire, since most of my research puts them with the rest of the South Summit FDs in the 34000 and 35000 ranges.

frank

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
Added another one. 34416 is Norton FD. I've got audio calling it Ch 2. Not sure what they means. I also tracked a ton of stuff around the Green talkgroups (see my post above). Some new ones. No voice on these, just someone keying up a mike. I'll have to change the delay time on that system to 0. I have a feeling they were testing radios again and I just wasn't re-scanning fast enough before they move to the next talkgroup.

I've got a lot of audio from the weekend to wade through (151MB). That's most of what we don't know or aren't completely sure of (like Lakemore Tac-1 and Springfield Private). I'm determined to find real names for those. A lot of this weekend's traffic was from the marathon. Those are 11 talkgroups chewing up over 85MB.

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
more testing in prep for South Summit move:
34672 OPS 18
34832 CALL ???
35280 OPS 16
35760 COV1
35792 COV2
35824 COV ROAD
37232 ALERT 16

capt2194

South Summit

I spoke with a Green F.D. officer and he stated they are starting to move the South Summit departmenst onto the Akron Summit System. When that will all take place is still a guess.

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
That's not saying very much. They've been saying that since March. They've been doing radio tests this week. The day after my previous post, they were using OPS16 to test a bunch of radios. I'm sure they are getting closer.

The weird thing is that they've always been saying that Green would move first, yet they are using a Coventry TG to test the radios. Oh, well. I guess that's OK since they all have each others stuff programmed.

At least it helped us find three new channels that we never found (or existed?) on the Green system (COV1, COV2, COV ROAD). Keep your ears on for the first two. I had that as FD channels, but they may turn out to be citywides or something.

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
South Summit is getting closer to moving. I just heard the following on 37200 (Lakemore Citywide?):

Lakemore 206 to PD
go ahead
testing on digital
loud and clear
wanted to test the new radios

I also had a few mike clicks on TG3 and an un-ID'd talkgroup in the south summit range today. I'm recording audio 8am-5pm at work now.

Lastly looks like the Akron Ice Rink is on 50896 this year. Perhaps we want to just mark that and the old one as event talkgroups. Seems like most of them in that range are used for various purposes (LeBron, marathon, airshow, etc)

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
I just posted some corrections. Happened to run into a Lakemore PD officer while picking up pizza @ Gioninos.

He confirmed one channel I heard them and Springfield talking on. The called it '5' (holdover from old system), but it is listed on radios are SPD/LPD and is essentially C/C between the two cities.

He also confirmed that the channel where Lakemore's PD and FD are talking is just that. It is a link channel between the two services. This is 37200.

Both updates posted to RRDB.

No date on South Summit move. I keep hearing 1/1/07.

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
I'll pick up on the now-locked akron thread from today. I've also heard 36144 and 34544 being tested. It is only one guy doing the testing. They have not given a name that I've heard, but I'll check recorded audio when I get in to work tomorrow.

As for 51088, they are also testing on these. There are a ton of TGs in the 58xxx - 61xxx range they've been testing on but never a name given. 58480 had a ton of traffic. I agree it was plows, but I have no idea who. Again, I'll check audio in the morning.

FYI, 'COV ROAD' was being used today while Coventry was plowing. I guess that means Coventry Road Dept is up on the system.

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
I just checked audio this AM. Here's what I've been able to gather:

58480 - talk of Garfield, Firestone, Ott, Leggett (all Akron schools). Guess this is another BOE talkgroup. Possible BOE GROUNDS off old akron system (1072).

Frank

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
Here's some interesting updates:

37200 - heard Springfield PD/FD on this. It must be Lakemore/Springfield PD/FD common. RRDB updated

50864 and 50896 - heard the guy running Lock3 activities talking to the trolley telling them he'd be on the channel marked 'information' if they was needed. He also told the guys at the rink to get hold of the trolley's on the channel marked 'relay'.

I think both of those channels are active during the marathon the last couple years. Anyone have any ideas how we can correctly tag this one?

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
talkgroup 61392

Gang,

I've been hearing a lot of traffic above 59000. I thought it was just reception problems at work. I doubt it now. I've been listing to two guys talking on 61392. It is analog traffic, 100 and 200 series units talking. They keep mentioning "down by clinton where we have problems." I also heard one guy mention he was on call for SWAT.

Can someone else help veify this as possible New Franklin PD. It is hard to tell, but this is probably not dispatch. They have not moved yet. So, I'm guessing at this point. It does seem odd that the rest of the PDs and FDs are digital in the 3xxxx range, and Franklin still wants analog.

Also had a 3-second burst on 60080.

Frank

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
And here's today's update. I heard Lakemore 462 (PD) calling Service Dept 54 on Local (37200). That's one we have marked as 'PD/FD'. Sounds like we need to re-evaluate that one.

He was responding on a different channel, I think. Audio shows a '54' calling '462' on analog 61008. Not sure what's going on there. One of them was on the wrong channel. Hope South summit is up in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.