Alabama Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they use SL for all operations. Haven't heard anything on the UHF channels since
the power outage during the winter storm of 93!

Muckluck

A large amount of their allocated (non-Linc) frequencies seem to carry data.

kingpin

Trailer Park Supervisor
SCADA.

Supervisory
Control
And
Data
Aquisision

These are radio links to the various sites in the power grid there they can remotely control switches and monitor the system.

I haven't heard Alabama power on years. They have been using Sounthern Linc for a long time now. They both belong to the same parent company.

scannerman200

Premium Subscriber
Could someone post some of the Alabama power frequencies that have been heard in Northwest Alabama and any other areas? Surely they have back-up vhf/uhf freqs

trace1

Well years ago Alabama Power used some frequencies in the 450-454MHz range, don’t remember the exact ones but I do know they were somewhere in between. I haven’t monitored AP there in a long time too as it has been stated that they use Southeren Linc but there could be the possibility of them using those old ones as back-up I guess.

RevGary

Pastor and Chaplain Responder
Checked the FCC's database ( not the one provided here in the forum.) NO licensing exists under Alabama Power, but the parent company is "Southern Company" and doing a 'Licensee / State' search netted three pages of license data. Try the search yourself and try to determine which are Southern Company and which are Alabama Power.

What TYPE of antennas are on their trucks in your neck of the weeds? That may help to narrow the frequency possibilities if in fact they are using some non Southern Link equipment. Good luck...

http://svartifoss2.fcc.gov/reports/index.cfm

This may not be the area you are interested in but Birmingham "Operations" was on
451.1250 and the Huffman/Leeds district on 451.0750. There were lots of others,
just can't remember that far back!
Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.