Alert LED vs. display color on 996XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

DogBone384

I've had my 996XT for a couple of months now and still haven't figured out if the Alert LED that's left of the volume knob is a dummy from a previous model, or something I'm missing. I use XT Pro software to program my scanners and can when I set the alert pattern and color the display is what changes. I have a Pro-106 who's LED acts like the 996's screen. I was also under the impresson that my remote head would support the Alert light as per Uniden's instructions. It doesn't.

Thanks, in advance, for any help & comments.

scanningisfun

I've had my 996XT for a couple of months now and still haven't figured out if the Alert LED that's left of the volume knob is a dummy from a previous model, or something I'm missing. I use XT Pro software to program my scanners and can when I set the alert pattern and color the display is what changes. I have a Pro-106 who's LED acts like the 996's screen. I was also under the impresson that my remote head would support the Alert light as per Uniden's instructions. It doesn't.

Thanks, in advance, for any help & comments.

I'm pretty sure that the alert led is for weather alerts only. I remember seeing one thread on here though a while back where a person made the light come on whenever the squelch was open.

ki4wbn

I have wondered about the same thing. Haven't seen mine on, even during the severe weather alert, but then again when it alerted I was frantically attempting to shut it up as it was rather loud haha, so it might have shown but that little light was the thing least catching my attention!

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Not sure but i thought i read if a local PD has a "emergency button " on the mike and press it it will lite...I have had my 996XT for two years and never saw that led light??....

scanningisfun

Not sure but i thought i read if a local PD has a "emergency button " on the mike and press it it will lite...I have had my 996XT for two years and never saw that led light??....

The Emergency Alert is for Motorola systems only and you can only change the backlight color and a tone.

Status
Not open for further replies.