Alignment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoseman292

The VCO or oscillator is typically what is aligned however these days with PLL or synthesized radios, there is no need to make internal adjustments. I worked on crystal controlled scanners in the 80's (Bearcat, Realistic, Regency, Sonar) which were built with coils or capacitors which periodically drifted off frequency.

SCPD

QRT
Thank You for the reply. I have heard of re align your scanner but wasn't sure what that meant . So this does not apply to the Pro 106 ?

SCPD

QRT
Thank You for the reply. I have heard of re align your scanner but wasn't sure what that meant . So this does not apply to the Pro 106 ?

no need to realign the 106...
I did with the 106 and if you don't have the specs frequency counter scope generator and more sophisticated tools DO NOT DO IT...

may I ask if you are experiencing any particular problem(s) on the 106?
maybe a PAR Electronics | Filters for the commercial 2 way market, MATV, FM broadcast, laboratory, marine industry, amateur radio, scanner and short wave listening enthusiasts filter or 2 if you are near any FM high power transmitters or if you have any vhf/uhf pagers in your area they WILL cause nothing but havoc on the 106

SCPD

QRT
pro 106 Alignment

No Sir I am not having any problems with my 106, I was just curious about why they some times they realign a scanner. Thanks for the comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.