SDR# Alternative drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

FR33MAN

There doesn't seem to be much information on how to fix sdr# performance issues like freezing on shutdown or when the spectrum stops updating.

For me it worked to change the drivers that sdr# uses, you need to download more recent drivers from the osmocom site or for example I use the version from this repository Release librtlsdr v0.7 · librtlsdr/librtlsdr
I use the 32 bit version and I have tested it in several versions of sdr# lower than v1784 and they work perfectly, it improves the reception in general and it does not freeze anymore. In the case of the osmocom drivers, the latest version of 2019 is the one that has worked best for me. Index of /binaries/windows/rtl-sdr/

In each version that you download, in the case of Windows, there is a file called " librtlsdr ", you have to rename it to " rtlsdr " and copy all the DLLs to your sdr sharp folder.
Remember to backup your original folder in case something goes wrong, and try different versions of sdr sharp and the drivers until you find the one that works best for you.
Hello, I have been able to solve the problem with the SDR Sharp ver.1716 version by following these instructions.
The file that has worked well for me is:
(rtl-sdr-32bit-20191201).

I have renamed " librtlsdr.dll " to (rtlsdr.dll) and I have copied all the dlls to the SDR SHARP folder and I have been trying for hours and it has not stopped and every time I press stop it stops fine and I press play and It works perfectly, something that was impossible before.

Many thanks to thewraith2008 and Zeifer69.

Thanks to them I have achieved it after years with this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.