Analyze System Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcopter1

Premium Subscriber
I know how to use it, what I'd like to know is how it works, in order to get the most out of it.

Since acquiring a Yagi to listen in to distant P25 800 Mhz systems, I want to understand better the relationship between Signal Quality and Activity.

Specifically, activity.

Does the Activity bar implies users actively transmitting?

Reason I ask, I often can point the antenna and get an excellent Quality indication, a little less on the Signal segment and little to no movement Activity wise.

Ideally, all indicators should be maxed out, what can I expect when it doesn't?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Ideally, all indicators should be maxed out, what can I expect when it doesn't?
Activity has no bearing on signal strength or quality, and therefore there is absolutely no reason for it to "ideally be maxed out". It simply indicates how active the system is with voice traffic. If the system is slow, the activity bar will bottom out, as it should.

PS - When posting in the Uniden sections, it's helpful to indicate which scanner you are referring to. When you create a thread, you can select a prefix that matches the scanner your thread is focused on.

gcopter1

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the response. Very helpful in my endeavors.

The scanner is an SDS200 but din't think necessary to mention it since the Analyze feature seems to be common to modern uniden scanners, or at least, the one's that can Trunk track.

Status
Not open for further replies.