Android apps for Alpha Tags?

n0esc

Feed Provider
Just wondering - where does Scanner App get it's feed's Broadcastify?
Pretty much every app gets their feeds from BCFY. There are a couple other much smaller competing platforms out there as there are people that don't agree with how everything with RR and BCFY sometimes gets handled, but they either have very niche apps or user bases such as LiveATC or RailroadRadio. I think every mainstream app on either Apple or Android ecosystems gets their audio the same place, simply because of how accessible the API is.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber

rcool101

Feed Provider
Thanks for the suggestion, just got it and it's working great so far, showing tags on several feeds.
Keep in mind, not every feed provider offers Tags. I do. It's only an extra USB cable unless the radio used doesn't have them. I also use Scanner Radio Pro on my phone and ScannerLive on my PC

Citywide173

Just wondering - where does Scanner App get it's feed's Broadcastify?
The developer is the Broadcastify administrator. The app was developed before Broadcastify existed and primarily used his site (scanamerica.com or something similar) which was eventually sold/merged to RR and became Broadcastify.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
As a follow-up to my original post, is there any way to show tags when playing back the .MP3 archive files?

n0esc

Feed Provider
As a follow-up to my original post, is there any way to show tags when playing back the .MP3 archive files?
Simple answer is no.
Alpha tagging is kinda similar to how on your car radio RDS gets song and other information to display on the screen. It's real time and wouldn't be embedded in the recording if you recorded that audio to an MP3 to play back later. It's just lost and would need to be recreated by the streaming software when played again. This is one other advantage of the Calls platform here is that that information is retained as the archives are individual transmissions and source data is retained vs the 30 minute archive recordings of the legacy Feeds.