Animated Avatar Images Are Not Allowed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyGalaga

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I used to have an animated avatar and it worked fine. Then I changed it to something else. When I tried to change it back to my original avatar with the animation, I got a message saying animated avatars aren't allowed.

How come it used to work but now it doesn't?

mciupa

Database Admin
I think Mr.B got a little tired of all those distracting doo-dads and made an executive decision to discontinue this feature.
I noticed this too , the only animated one I have now is in my profile and I ain't touching it !
If people would use discretion and not have Vegas-style glitzy flashing junk , or offensive material , I'm sure that it would still be allowed ,but then again . . . we don't want things to look too cheesy around here , right ? :roll:
Your former avatar was pretty harmless.

Last edited:

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
JohnnyGalaga said:
I used to have an animated avatar and it worked fine. Then I changed it to something else. When I tried to change it back to my original avatar with the animation, I got a message saying animated avatars aren't allowed.

How come it used to work but now it doesn't?

It doesn't work because a new option was implemented in Vbulletin which allows us disallow new ones from being uploaded. Many here absued the "feature" with distracting inappropriate avatars.

Status
Not open for further replies.